Sr. Software Engineer
Los Angeles California 90066 United States of America
11 days ago
Job Title:Sr. Software Engineer
Job Title: Expert Software Engineer
Reporting to: Sr. Visual Director
Department: Central Tech
Location: Playa Vista , CA
Activision Central Technology’s CTX group is a team of artists, scientists, and engineers who collaborate with Activision studios to develop pioneering workflows and techniques for game content creation. We combine expertise from the game industry and the film industry to advance real-time visuals to levels which were previously exclusive to motion pictures.
You will be part of a Central Technology effort to provide industry best game assets to our upcoming titles.
Your Mission is to work with multiple teams and new technology to build best-in-class character and prop assets and streamline the delivery of these photoreal assets to our games.
- Work with artists, engineers, supervisors, and producers to determine workflows, tool requirements, and automation needs.
- Maintain a solid understanding of the production pipelines at our studios.
- Proactively come up with ideas for new workflows, plugins, etc.
- Assist in designing, developing, maintaining, and supporting asset creation pipelines and tools which integrate with different specific studio pipelines.
- Jump into both long-term R&D efforts as well as short-term production support as needed.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in developing pipeline tools and workflows in a CG production environment.
- Understanding of the state-of-the-art in game engines.
- The ability to track down bottlenecks and accuracy/quality issues, wherever they may be in a pipeline.
- Expert knowledge of Python, C++, and object-oriented programming practices.
- Solid software engineering skills, including the ability to write robust, maintainable, well-architected, well-documented code.
- Strong working knowledge of PyQT/PySide, Mel, Maya.
- Expert knowledge of pipelines, asset management infrastructure, and farm queuing systems.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, and ability to work effectively with multiple teams.
- Self-motivated and able to quickly learn new areas of development.
- Strong ability to innovate.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.