Sr. Software Engineer - Unity
5 days ago
Job Posting TitleSr. Software Engineer - Unity
SummaryAs part of our game development team, your primary responsibility will be creating Aristocrat games for multiple channels (Mobile – Android, IOS, Web- Facebook), using in-house developed framework and platform.
As a technical member, you are expected to help the team clear the roadblocks and develop in-depth understanding of game design and supporting libraries.
The successful candidate will contribute towards high-quality and timely delivery of games, providing solutions to complex technical problems, knowledge sharing and technical documentation.
Opportunity for gaining exposure to all facets of Aristocrat’s global business. You will meet great people and build a foundational understanding of the vast, complex, regulated environment in which we thrive.
What you'll do
- Design, implement, maintain game systems in Unity
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle of our products including designing, coding, debugging and documenting game.
- Develop new games ensuring the production of quality products.
- Code, test and document game software to specified standards.
- Produce project and task estimates, schedules and complete projects on time and within budget.
- Perform adequate testing of game software to ensure that logic and syntax are correct and that program results are accurate.
- Aid testers and support personnel as needed to identify problems with game software.
- Provide feedback regarding development considerations and usability issues concerning game software specifications and implementation.
- Conduct software analysis including requirements and software code reviews.
- Support, mentor and help develop expertise in other engineers
- Communicate with management, team leads, and other engineers regarding programming needs and performance.
- Perform essential functions of software development by utilizing industry standard tools and equipment.
- All other duties as assigned.
What we're looking for
- 5+ years professional experience in software development
- 3+ years professional experience in Unity
- Proficiency in developing object-oriented software, with deep experience in one or more relevant languages (C#, C++, or Java)
- Experience with the entire development life-cycle from gathering requirements to launching
- Experience shipping and maintaining mobile social games
- Experience creating complex game systems
- Experience estimating effort and establishing timelines for projects as well as communicating associated risk
- B.S. Degree or the equivalent number of years of professional experience
- Sense of aesthetics and attention to detail to create a high quality game
- Highly motivated self-starter who can work without supervision
- A strong verbal and written communicator
- An excellent critical thinker and problem solver, with demonstrated analytical skills
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.