This job might no longer be available.
Sr. Software Engineer, Monetization
Palo Alto, CA
1 year ago
Build the future of mobile games with MZ!
As a global leader in mobile gaming, we’re dedicated to developing games the world can’t wait to experience. Games like Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire, Mobile Strike, and Game of War: Fire Age.
We build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. Our team pushes the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
As a studio, we are masters of our own destiny, untethered by the traditional publisher model. Every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players!
As a member of the Monetization Tech team, you will constantly push the boundaries of how MZ Game Studio generates revenue. As a leader in this exciting and fast-paced industry, you will use your deep understanding of scalability and parallelization to develop core back-end server technology that feed the monetization and intelligence within our games.
Can you work in a dynamic environment and translate business needs into a high-quality product? Do you want to be a part of highly visible, select group of individuals that directly impact daily revenue? Join us and tackle complex challenges, build platforms, and deploy at massive scale! We are looking for self-starting engineers with experience developing sophisticated server-side applications.
What you’ll be doing:
- Explore and implement new technologies benefiting both players and internal customers
- Work closely with executive producers, data scientists, data analysts, and designers to define technical solutions for revenue-impacting features
- Collaborate with team members to identify and communicate best engineering practices
- Build scalable, intelligent back-end server systems
- Create, expose, and support APIs to empower internal customers
Your background and who you are:
- 8+ years of software development experience
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Must be proactive, self-directed, detailed and organized
- Proficient in PHP, C++, or Java
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL, preferably MySQL
- Ability to debug issues within custom code quickly
- A passion for developing scalable and optimized software systems
- High aptitude and technology-agnostic approach to engineering
- Passion for performance debugging and benchmarking
- Extensive experience with developing systems
- Knowledge of NoSQL technologies, such as Redis and Memcached
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.