This job might no longer be available.
Sr. Software Engineer, Client
San Francisco, CA
11 months ago
Who We Are
Take-Two develops and publishes some of the world's biggest games. Our Rockstar label creates Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption, two of the most critically acclaimed gaming franchises in history. Our 2K label creates games like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier's Civilization. Our Private Division label publishes Kerbal Space Program and will publish upcoming titles with Obsidian Entertainment, Panache Digital Games and more.
Take-Two Direct to Consumer
The Direct to Consumer team is a (well-funded) startup within Take-Two. We're launching a San Francisco office while creating a culture that enables remote work. We're building a commerce and distribution platform for our game labels. We're creating this from the ground up to support our studios. Our team is small and agile – we deploy to production constantly. We user test every week and focus on automation. We believe in giving our studios the flexibility they need to create the world's greatest games, so we plan to offer UI, SDKs, and GraphQL interfaces for our services. We focus on working software over Powerpoint.
- Provide technical leadership and contribute to the core team that powers our desktop applications across PC and MAC.
- Build and own the core systems that form the architecture of the desktop applications, like download/install tech, in-game overlay tech and streaming tech to name a few.
- Build and own the cross-platform SDK that would be used by game teams to access platform functionality
- Drive the qualitative aspects of the desktop applications, like performance, observability, reliability and security and so on.
- Lead and mentor a team of engineers, supporting their career and technical development.
- Create a culture obsessed with performance and gamer experience.
- Support multiple titles, with various levels of technical maturity, in integrating our services.
- Work with product management, design, and other technology teams to develop a long-term roadmap.
- 8+ years of professional experience, focused on commercial desktop applications in C++
- Experience in Win32 and/or MacOS development.
- Experience in client/server architecture and developed high scale, highly reliable networked applications.
- Experience working with one or more of the following: Qt, Electron, CEF.
- Experience in graphics rendering pipelines, DirectX and OpenGL.
- Self-starter, self-driven to produce results and continually improve.
- Experience and comfortable in supporting a live service.
- Able to lead and work with a distributed team.
- BA / MS degree in computer science or a related field.