Sr. Software Engineer (Front End)
8 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Software Engineer, Front End
Los Angeles, CA
We're looking for a bright, confident, take-charge senior level software engineer to develop the front end of our content pipeline which drives the Playstation network. This person will employ Agile best practices, use modern software development paradigms, and focus on continuous improvement in the delivery of high quality applications for our customers. We look for problem solvers, who can intuitively anticipate problems; look beyond immediate issues; and take initiative to improve both our software and our development infrastructure. In short, we look for people who take pride in the craft of software engineering and have proven to be great at it. We believe in agile software development, metrics, short feedback loops, well-designed application, early test development, automation wherever possible, and are open to adoption of the latest tools and techniques for solving complex problems.
- Produce excellent, thorough design and development documentation
- Work with limited supervision under tight time constraints and respond to rapidly evolving requirements
- Contribute to existing and develop new common software components to benefit other SIE client applications
- Tutor and coach junior Engineers within the development team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent, or relevant professional experience in lieu of a degree
- Proficient with at least one widely adopted single page application (SPA) architecture
- Expert in React Native or React.js
- Highly proficient in HTML5 / CSS3
- Experience leading the development and providing technical engineering vision of medium to large sized applications
- Experience in performance tuning network connected applications
- Experience shipping 2-3 consumer facing, web applications
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with an ability to take initiative
- Experience in developing high-performance user interfaces
- Passionate about quality and writing clean, readable code that scales and performs well
- Familiarity with Restful API’s
- Professional experience in Java or object-oriented programming
- Customer-facing UI Development
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development methodologies
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.