This job might no longer be available.
Sr. Software Engineer, Data Engineering
Palo Alto, CA
1 year ago
Build the future of mobile games with MZ!
As a global leader in mobile gaming, we’re dedicated to developing games the world can’t wait to experience. Games like Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire, Mobile Strike, and Game of War: Fire Age.
We build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. Our team pushes the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
As a studio, we are masters of our own destiny, untethered by the traditional publisher model. Every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players!
Data Engineering team at MZ builds platforms and frameworks to ingest and process TBs of data on a daily basis. Our mission is to enable business users across the organization make smarter decisions faster, and develop a winning marketing strategy and engaging gaming experience. We are a very critical team with a high impact and high visibility across multiple business units. As we are growing our strength, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us build and scale our data platform with changing business needs.
Our engineers move extremely fast, while solving unique and challenging data problems. We use bleeding edge technologies such as Kafka, Apache NiFi, Hadoop/HDFS, Apache Spark, HBase, Hive, Presto, and DRUID to build these data insights and data visualization capabilities.
We selectively gather top technical talent passionate about transforming data into insights. Come join us!
What you'll be doing:
- Writing code to enhance current pipelines and contribute to add new capabilities. Influence and enforce good coding practices
- Taking ownership in what you do; this involves augmenting your code with functionals and automated data quality checks
- Optimize tech stack to accommodate running existing pipelines cost effectively at scale and improving overall stability
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve data quality issues. Being proactive in identifying issues will be a key metrics for your success. We believe in ruthless data quality checks automations over hours of debugging when an actual issue is reported
- Working closely with data analysts and science team in empowering best use of data available for their workflows
- Mentor and coach junior team members to elevate their technical skills and help them grow
Your background and who you are:
- 8+ years of experience working as a Data Engineer or Software Engineer working on distributed systems at scale
- BS in Computer Science or a related field
- Hands on experience in Java, Scala, or Python
- Solid foundation working on Big Data technologies such as Hadoop/HDFS, Spark, Kafka, Hive, HBase, and NoSQL databases
- Ability to work with open ended problems, explore solutions, work collaboratively, and communicate effectively
- Passionate about building data infrastructure, platform, and reusable frameworks
- Ad tech experience or working with large scale distributed systems
- Experience working with Data Visualization platform such as DRUID would be a plus.
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.