Sr. Software Engineer, Big Data
Palo Alto, CA
1 month ago
Build the future of mobile games with MZ!
As a global leader in mobile gaming, we’re dedicated to developing games the world can’t wait to experience. Games like Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire, Mobile Strike, and Game of War: Fire Age.
We build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. Our team pushes the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
As a studio, we are masters of our own destiny, untethered by the traditional publisher model. Every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players!
The MZ DSP team builds full-stack technology solutions to support our in-house programmatic marketing efforts. As one of the largest global marketers in mobile, MZ solves problems at scale and speed. With our media buying managed entirely in-house, we have unparalleled visibility and control into how our marketing technology is utilized.
Our team is agile and values transparency, encouraging high levels of autonomy and collaboration cross-functionally. Each team member is an integral part of roadmap planning and prioritization discussions, with the opportunity to learn and innovate.
We are seeking someone passionate about building massively scalable systems who can collaborate seamlessly with engineering, research science, and product teams. You will drive the development of systems to empower our research teams to rapidly iterate and deploy solutions for the product and business team we support.
What you'll be doing:
- Working with data scientists to develop novel, massively scalable machine learning systems using Python and Java
- Using streaming and batch technologies to build analytics pipelines to process and analyze massive datasets
- Building and optimizing complex queries to materially impact the effectiveness of our marketing initiatives as one of the largest media buyers in mobile
- Independently finding, troubleshooting and resolving problems
- Performing peer code reviews and providing mentorship to the team
Your background and who you are:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years experience as a Java developer, esp. with scalable distributed systems
- 2+ years working with big data technologies such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, Kafka, Samza
- Proficiency in at least one programming language, Java, Scala, C++, R, Python
- Experience building big data pipelines and workflow management, such as Airflow
- Experience building and maintaining high-performance, fault-tolerant, secure, and scalable distributed software systems
- Familiarity with alerting using tools such as pagerduty, opsgenie, or grafana
- Experience with continuous integration and related tools
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
- Masters in Computer Science
- Experience in large scale Machine Learning/recommender systems
- Expertise in Ad technology with a background in programmatic buying
- Experience with operational streaming analytic systems
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.