Software Engineer (Backend)
17 days ago
GSN Games is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team in the UK, Spain or Ukraine!
About the GSN SuperCasual Studio:
It’s an exciting time in our SuperCasual Studio! We’re working on our next big game and we’re looking for a Software Engineer to help us realise our vision!
We believe that play matters and that’s why we are creating the next genre-leading games that are fun, engaging and rewarding. Joining GSN Games will give you a platform to work on exciting new games while working alongside the best people in the business!
The bulk of the team is located in London, but we have a truly global team including folks in Spain, Ukraine, the US and across the UK.
What You’ll Do:
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of game systems on our (brand new) server stack. You will work closely with the Game Designers, Product Managers and Client Engineers to create fast, robust and, most importantly, fun features for our passionate players.
You will implement well thought out solutions to better the development process and improve game systems. You will manage your schedule and pace of work in an agile project management environment. In this role, you will get the opportunity to utilise and grow your engineering skills and express your creativity as a game developer. Your day to day may include:
- Game feature development on the server
- Identify and solve problems in the software
- Balance between practical and ideal engineering practices to achieve goals effectively
- Achieve goals within reasonable time frames based on project needs
- Create tools for developers to use to develop and maintain games
- Work together with other engineers to solve hard problems
- Investigate problems with the live game and fix them on the fly
- Contribute to the design of the games by providing meaningful insights
You’ll have a passion for games, technology and innovation. You’ll be energetic, enthusiastic and collaborative in your approach to all things. You’ll have a passion to learn new concepts and a drive to improve upon things you see which aren’t working. You’ll have:
- A passion for creating and playing games
- Excitement to work closely with all disciplines and teams
- Experience with Agile/Scrum managed projects
Experience with our Tech Stack is a big plus but we’re more interested in the right person who is wanting to learn!
- Our services are largely written in Kotlin, some are written in Java
- Experience in any modern programming language and a passion to learn is what we’re looking for
- Our services are hosted entirely on AWS
- Our services are deployed in Kubernetes containers
- We use a mix of AWS pipelines and Jenkins to do our server deployments
- We aim to have a LOT of players so knowledge or experience with scalable server solutions helps
- We use Git for our version control