This job might no longer be available.
Sr. Software Engineer, Audio Tools
San Mateo, CA, United States
5 months ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
C#/WPF Sr. Software Engineer, Audio Tools
San Mateo, CA, Tools and Technology Team
*We will consider professional experience levels from mid to senior*
Our Tools and Technology team has a new Sr. Software Engineer position located at our PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA. Using new technology we seek to develop an entirely new suite of software tools specific to the integration of audio content into video games. You will be involved from concept to delivery of tools used by artists in production environments. If this interests you, please apply!
- Develop next generation game audio design tools
- Work in a team environment to build, debug, and refine tools
- Collaborate with other software engineers developing related tools and/or runtime components
- Support game developers
- In-depth understanding of programming using C#, .NET, WPF and XAML and being able to quickly and efficiently implement new feature requests.
- Experience implementing critical features of a commercial/enterprise-scale WPF/XAML application in the artistic production domain (audio, games, graphics, animation etc.).
- Experience designing and developing tools in collaboration with others as part of a team and being able to quickly adapt to the needs of customers and the team.
- Knowledge of Graphical User Interface (GUI) programming in a Windows environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient programming in C# and WPF
- Background in GUI Design and implementation
- Experience with game industry tools or similar
- Proficient in programming using C/C++
- Familiarity with digital audio principles and software such as ProTools, REAPER etc.
- Experience with PlayStation development
- Background in audio production
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.