Sr. Software Engineer, Audio Tools
San Mateo, CA, United States
10 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Software Engineer, Audio Tools (C# & WPF)
Sony Interactive Entertainment - PlayStation
*Open to remote / telecommute applicants*
*Professional experience levels from mid to senior*
Sony PlayStation has an opening for an ambitious Software Engineer to join our Tools and Technology team. Here, you will work with new technologies to develop an entirely new suite of software tools specific to the integration of audio content into video games. You will be involved from concept-to-delivery of tools used by industry leading artists within production environments. If this job interests you, please apply!
- Develop next generation game design tools
- Work in a team environment to build, debug, and refine tools
- Work with other software engineers developing related tools and/or runtime components
- Support game developers
- Experience implementing critical features of a commercial/enterprise-scale WPF/XAML application, ideally in the artistic production domain (audio, games, graphics, animation etc.).
- In-depth understanding of programming with C#, .NET, WPF and XAML with the ability to quickly and efficiently implement new feature requests.
- Experience crafting and developing tools in collaboration with others as part of a team and being able to quickly adapt to the needs of customers and the team.
- Knowledge of Graphical User Interface (GUI) programming in a Windows environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient programming in C# and WPF
- Background in GUI Design and implementation
- Experience with game industry tools or similar: graphics design, 3D, animation, audio, etc.
- Some proficiency programming with C/C++
- Familiarity with digital audio principles and software such as ProTools, REAPER etc.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.