Sr. Software Development Test Engineer (SDK - Unity)
Plantation, FL, Tel Aviv, Israel, Toronto, ON, Zurich, Switzerland, Culver City, CA, Sunnyvale, CA
11 days ago
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, games and user experience.
We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
The primary responsibility of the Test Engineer (SDK - Unity) is to verify and validate the quality of the Unity integration within the Software Development Kit. The Unity Test Engineer will focus on creating test strategies and test cases for new features as they come online and executing manual test cases. They will also convert applicable test cases to an automated system and perform exploratory testing by creating apps and games. Qualified candidates need to be self-starters and able to operate in a highly dynamic environment.
- Work hand-in-hand with product teams, key stakeholders, developers and other members of QA to ensure that testing is efficiently and effectively covering all possible testing scenarios
- Create sample apps and experiences using the Magic Leap SDK to provide end-user testing of APIs and libraries with Unity
- Support overall engineering and architecture effort of the software group from a quality perspective
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test-driven principles to develop high-quality test scripts
- Develop / Test and Run manual and automated tests on daily basis ensuring complete test coverage of requirements
- Identify issues; perform root cause analysis to track the issue and work with development for resolutions
- Investigate, troubleshoot,and verify software defects and other technical issues
- Build and maintain test apps to continually prove the effectiveness and quality of the SDK
- 7+ years of experience of hands-on development in C# in a production environment, specifically with Unity Game Engine, i.e. Projects, Source, Editor is a must
- 5+ years of experience in QA / Automation related testing
- Thorough understanding of all test fundamentals, test management tools, and defect tracking tools
- Experience with analyzing requirements, test planning / execution, automated testing and reporting
- Experience with mobile software development and developing custom applications
- Experience with testing SDKs, APIs and applications on embedded devices/systems
- Scripting knowledge of Python, Powershell and Shell scripting is desirable
- Experience with 3D computer graphics/AR/VR is a plus
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills to root cause complex issues
- Excels in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using a wide variety of technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including effective presentation with a dynamic and “can do” attitude
- BS/MS in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.