Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test
15 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test
Los Angeles, CA
The Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is responsible for assuring the quality of Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) internal and partner-facing applications using automation as well as manual black-box and gray-box testing techniques. Duties include designing and creating new test automation, troubleshooting and resolving test code, test environment and infrastructure issues, as well as working with test case management, issue tracking, source control, database, requirements management, reporting, and other tools.
In the course of performing this function, the SDET relies on their extensive background in software development, QA, system administration, script automation, frameworks, and associated organizational processes.
The SDET is a member of an Agile Engineering team and collaborates with System Infrastructure and other SIE teams.
- Develop, execute, and maintain automation scripts in Java using Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, and JMeter.
- Perform both “black box” and “gray box” testing of SIE’s internal and partner-facing applications by analyzing applications and requirements then designing and executing test cases.
- Integrate, support, use and maintain issue tracking systems such as Jira, source control tools such as Git as well as test case management systems such as qTest.
- Promotes a cohesive engineering environment focused on striving for increased quality and team efficiency
- Work with QA team members, software developers and system and database administrators to trouble-shoot test failures in the various test environments. This may include debugging issues using SQL queries, reviewing web server and application server logs, etc.
- Log bugs as found, and follow up with engineering through the defect life cycle
- Monitors key metrics to measure application quality and performance
- Extensive experience testing web applications
- Proven experience with automation scripting using Java, Selenium Webdriver, and Cucumber.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field/equivalent work experience.
- Good grasp of OOP concepts, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience in building/maintaining test automation frameworks for web applications.
- Experience in building/maintaining rest API test automation frameworks.
- Experience with source control tools such as Git.
- Experience with CICD process and tools such as Jenkins.
- Ability to work constructively with developers, QA, Systems and Project managers towards a common goal.
- Solid knowledge of Relational Database and SQL queries.
- Good understanding of modern software engineering including web technologies, continuous integration, cloud computing, and automation development
- Experience with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum.
- Experience using tools such as JMeter and Postman.
- Experience working with large-scale project repository of test cases and defects
- Experience using JIRA as an Agile tool to support development and issue tracking
- Experience using AWS / Cloud platforms and tools
- Experience with Splunk, JSON, XML
- Experience testing PS4, PS5, or any other console-based client devices
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.