Sr. Software Developer - iGaming (Remote)
2 days ago
Job Posting TitleSr. Software Developer - iGaming (Remote)
You will also be responsible for implementing iGaming support to existing platforms. The Sr. Software Engineer is part of a small team focused on creating efficient, elegant, and portable components that will serve games running on mobile and desktop platforms. You will be working closely with game studios, application developers, and architects to ensure the new features and services meet their requirements.
As a DGS Sr. Software Engineer, you will have a unique opportunity to develop forward-looking capabilities on our platform, and it is made all that more exciting by the fact that it will be immediately used in popular games that must ultimately scale to 100,000 transactions per second. This is an opportunity to be a part of a truly exciting, open, fun and challenging environment that provides enormous opportunities for professional and personal growth.
What you'll do
- Develop and present software designs and plans with stakeholders and senior developers.
- Take technical ownership of the modules/features assigned to you, presenting status to Managers, team leads and stakeholders.
- Contribute towards high-quality and timely delivery of products, providing solutions to complex technical problems, knowledge sharing and technical documentation under DGS products portfolio.
- Implement and test iGaming requirements for gaming platform.
- Work with skilled and high performing team and share your knowledge to refine best practices followed by team.
- Review designs and code from internal and external software engineer for clarity, correctness, and efficiency
- Review and select appropriate technologies for new feature areas as they arise
- Perform analysis and provide technical recommendations for internal bugs and field issues.
- Able to accurately estimate, meet deadlines/provide deliverables on time
- Provide aid to QA and support personnel on need basis to identify problems with game and platform.
- Works with Software Architects, Product Managers, product developers, subject matter experts and others on assigned modules.
- Coordinate with teams in Austin, and India, among others.
- Follow company and team guidelines while working on a problem or implementing a feature.
- Take ownership of tasks assigned from analysis till the production ready state.
- Good interpersonal skills. Should be a good team player.
- Ability to drive discussions towards conclusions
- Articulate and should be able to express ideas and issues without inhibitions
- Able to grasp functional aspects well (quickly and with minimal guidance)
- Participate in agile planning, roadmaps, and bug reviews
- All other duties as assigned.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field with 5-8 years of experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in designing, shipping, and maintaining server-based systems in Linux or Windows environments
- Solid experience working on complex systems or SDKs, ideally with multiple customers
- Experience developing with Unity and Cloud-based hosting environments: Google Cloud Platform, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Soft Layer
- Knowledgeable in at least one of the following per area:
- Server frameworks: Node.js, ASP.NET, or Rails
- Storage technologies: MySQL, SQL Server, or MongoDB
- Automation and deployment tools
- Continuous integration
- Must have experience with:
- Bug tracking
- Distributed source code control
- Hands-on experience in SVN or GIT, aware of branching, merging etc.
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented and Design Patterns
- Nice to have experience in:
- Experience developing with C++
- Client-side tools and frameworks (jQuery, Angular, React)
- Caching and scalability infrastructure components
- Social gaming
- Mobile development
- Prior experience in the mobile/web gaming industry is a plus
- Work experience in iGaming development
- Experience working with Google Cloud is a plus
- Experience with an Agile development methodology, preferably Scrum
- Prior experience with HTML5 game development framework
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.