Sr. Sales Planning Manager, PlayStation Direct
4 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Sales Planning Manager, PlayStation Direct
San Mateo, CA- open to remote (must be in Pacific time zone)
The Direct to Consumer (D2C) team is part of a vibrant Global Sales organization whose mission is to grow the lifetime value of PlayStation customers by providing world-leading customer-centric retail experiences. D2C brings together staff from around the world, with a passion for engaging PlayStation gamers with relevant and entertaining content. Our area of Sony Interactive Entertainment has seen significant growth in recent years and has now become the key revenue driver for the business.
The D2C Planning team drives accountability for business results through empowering leadership with data & intelligence, implementing KPI frameworks linked to our goals, and accurate forecasting & planning. We are looking for individuals who are motivated by being part of a truly global team, who are passionate about e-commerce, and inspired by being at the forefront of gaming monetization.
Reporting to the VP, Business Planning the Sales Planning Manager, you will be responsible for establishing a new Global planning function for PlayStation Direct, our newly launched e-commerce arm. We’re looking for an experienced Planning professional with the potential to grow their career as PSD grows. This role will lead all aspects of from helping the Commercial leadership define local market strategies, through the weekly oversight of performance metrics, to leading the annual planning process. The successful candidate will become comfortable with ambiguity, have strong attention to detail, and be motivated by a fast-paced and ambitious environment.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead key planning processes such as budgeting and forecasting
- Be responsible for the weekly sales forecast
- Plan and execute regular business reviews focused on constructive challenge, continuous learning, and recommendations
- Build updates and comprehensive stories for key meetings such as Weekly and Quarterly Business Reviews as well as ad-hoc analysis and updates to leadership
- Define, manage and optimize key demand and sales performance metrics and derive important insights from them
- Scale capacity and expertise as PS Direct expands globally
- Act as a trusted advisor to senior leadership
- This is a hands-on role working across a variety of teams. You will develop and maintain positive relationships with a core group of partners across the organization, especially Commercial teams, Finance, and BI/Reporting
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years experience in Planning and Insights
- eCommerce experience essential
- Passion for using data-driven insights to improve customer experience
- Excellent analytical abilities and strong business acumen
- Strong stakeholder management skills to enable cross-functional collaboration
- Advanced presentation and communication skills: being a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key takeaways, and disseminate practical insights
- This person must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and focus on generating results
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information , including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information , including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.