Sr Rendering Programmer
8 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Join the award-winning team that created God of War
This role can be fully remote or onsite in Playa Vista, CA (when the studio re-opens) with relocation support, if needed.
Santa Monica Studio is seeking an experienced Sr Rendering Programmer for the development of a new unannounced title!
You’re into tech, really all tech, but graphics and low-level stuff are your bread and butter. Optimizations? Definitely, both CPU and GPU. Graphics systems? Of course, whatever the artists need to make the highest quality visuals. And part of you thinks like they do, which is great, since you will be collaborating with them.
- Design and implement state-of-the-art systems and tools for engine, rendering, and technology needs, in areas such as the use of the PlayStation’s low-level APIs, implementing new global illumination systems, and crafting new visual effects
- Collaborate with designers and artists to leverage these systems and tools to bring the collective vision to life
- Profile, optimize, and remove bottlenecks
- Provide runtime engine and project-specific support
- Mentor less-experienced team members
When you join us, we commit to…
- Setting you up for success by teaming you with both a lead and a mentor so you can learn the ropes (and code base) and grow as a craft expert
- Encouraging your health and well-being through wellness programs, exercise facilities at the studio (gym, volleyball, biking, yoga), and access to healthy snacks and beverages when we return to working onsite
- Respecting and valuing your views and contributions, recognizing your talents, and always seeking to maximize the unique contribution that you bring to our titles
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Five years of professional programming experience, including one shipped game title
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.