This job might no longer be available.
Sr. Quality Analyst
Redwood City, CA
3 months ago
Sr. Quality Analyst (Maxis) – EA Redwood Shores
The Worldwide Quality Assurance (WWQA) organization is the global partner of choice for all EA game development teams. Through strategic planning and a thorough analysis of the game product, we’re committed to providing world-class testing and audit services in support of the high quality of products our customers have come to expect.
As a Quality Analyst, you’ll be embedded with the Game Team, working hand-in-hand with producers, engineers, artists, and designers to test and analyze the game product. You’ll define and execute on the test strategy for the QA group and will champion quality for the product. Rather than typical blackbox, your daily challenge will be to focus on defect prevention – that is, upstream testing and analysis to thwart the introduction of bugs into the game code – designing test strategies, capturing qualitative assessments and usability feedback, and ensuring the highest caliber of quality for our titles.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide expert testing for game features and development tools.
- Provide in-depth scrum team support, working closely with members of Production and Development to align daily priorities.
- Drive smoke-testing for sandbox promotion and coordinate with other team members for reporting and troubleshooting.
- Create and maintain detailed test cases for implementation / verification of features.
- Execute environment performance testing and debugging of content
- Fully own assigned game area from a QA perspective supporting the group from pre-production through launch
- Create task breakdown and estimates during the early planning stage of development for owned domain
- Be the voice of quality for the product by providing design feedback prior to integration from a technical and end-user perspective
NOTE: This is not an entry level software-testing position.
Skills, knowledge and experience:
- Previous games industry experience in an embedded environment.
- Strong communication skills that span varying game development disciplines.
- Passion to learn new technologies and systems with high degree of ownership.
- Ability to meet responsibilities without constant supervision.
- Ability to mitigate risks and potential areas of concern with appropriate sense of urgency.
- Comfort working on products in early stages of development.
- Willingness and ability to work overtime as needed.
- Proficiency with PC and current Windows operating systems or Mac OS.
- Experience working with offsite teams.
- Experience with DevSuite or similar defect tracking and task management databases.
- Experience working in an Agile team environment.