This job might no longer be available.
Sr Quality Analyst (NBA)
Orlando Florida United States
6 months ago
Sr. Quality Analyst
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
The Challenge Ahead
Quality Analysts at EA are deeply embedded in development and are responsible for testing, documenting and analyzing the game during production.
The analyst role is a versatile role with many areas of focus and responsibilities. An analyst acts as a catalyst ensuring that QA understands the design and that its features are tested in the correct way as well as ensuring that the quality of the game lives up to our players’ expectations.
The Next Great Senior Quality Analyst Needs:
An in-depth understanding of the technical structure of games, how to apply new testing methodologies and be able to speak to what tools will be the most effective. A proficient understanding of effective QA processes and best practices, including the ability to communicate the purpose of these to development partners.
Good English language skills (written and verbal) are necessary to communicate with the rest of the team and drive knowledge sharing both internally and outside the studio.
Above all, Quality Analysts must be avid games players. They must be able to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of the industry, including the different platforms, game styles, and genres. It’s important to know the market so they can evaluate our games against the competition.
- Previous QA experience, with at least 1 year of QA support in embedded environments
- Ambitious, determined, hard-working
- Experienced with development collaboration tools
- Understanding of the technical structure of games and their engines
- Knowledgeable on white/gray/black-box testing practices
- Proficient observational skills, analytical and conscientious
- Proficient inter-personal communication skills
- Proficient written communication skills in English
- Proficient organizational skills
- Flexible and team-oriented with the aptitude to balance multiple tasks from one or more groups simultaneously
- Ability to work in a high-pressure / fast-paced environment
- High level of pro-activeness and sense of urgency
- Ability to immediately recognize critical issues or testing deficiencies and raise concerns to leadership.
- Knowledge of testing/planning tools
- Experience with Jira or other defect tracking software
- Experience working with offsite teams
- Knowledge of software development methodology and stages (milestones/sprints, Alpha, Beta)
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.