Associate Quality Designer
Orlando Florida United States
7 months ago
Sr. Quality Analyst
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
The Challenge Ahead
Quality Analysts at EA are embedded within our development team. You will test and document the game during production.
The analyst role is a versatile role with many areas of focus and responsibilities. A Quality Analyst is a catalyst ensuring that QA understands the design and that its features are tested in the correct way and ensuring that the quality of the game lives up to our players’ expectations.
The Next Great Senior Quality Analyst Needs:
An in-depth understanding of the technical structure of games and how to apply new testing methodologies. Deep understanding of QA processes and best practices, advocating the purpose of these methods to development partners.
Good English language skills are necessary to communicate with the team and improve knowledge sharing both internally and outside the studio.
Above all, Quality Analysts must be avid games players. You will need an intimate knowledge of the industry, including the different platforms, game styles, and genres. It’s important to know the market so you can best evaluate our games against the competition.
- Previous QA experience, with at least 1 year of QA support in embedded environments
- Experience with development collaboration tools
- Understand the technical structure of games and their engines
- Knowledgeable on white/gray/black-box testing practices
- Experience with technical writing
- Knowledge of testing/planning tools
- Experience with Jira or other defect tracking software
- Experience working with offsite teams
- Automated testing experience preferred
- Knowledge of software development methodology and stages (milestones/sprints, Alpha, Beta)
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.