Sr. QA Tester
11 days ago
Who We Are:
Take-Two develops, publishes and markets some of the world's biggest games. We publish products through our labels Rockstar Games, 2K, Ghost Story, PlayDots, Social Point as well as Private Division label and Nordeus. Our Rockstar label creates Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption, two of the most critically acclaimed gaming franchises in history. Our 2K label creates games like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier's Civilization. Our Private Division label publishes Kerbal Space Program, Ancestors and The Outer Worlds.
Intercept Games is a development studio currently focused on the creation of Kerbal Space Program 2. We have a deep passion for space, simulation, strategy, and of course all things video games. Our studio prioritizes an inviting and diverse workplace that pushes creativity and passion for what we do, resulting in games that we can truly be proud of.
Kerbal Space Program 2 offers an exciting challenge for testing; a physics puzzle simulation game that offers single and multiuser experiences and is played across an interstellar scale. As a Senior QA tester, you will be responsible for assessing that gameplay features are implemented as designed and are functioning at a high level of quality. This role will require you to quickly deliver on tasks, be adaptable, have a discerning eye for detail, and be an advocate for our players in the KSP community. QA is expected to provide a consistently high quality of work, follow uniform procedures for organized workflows, and work together internally within the development team, as well as with external QA teams, to ensure all game bugs are logged and accounted for. Our goal is to make phenomenal games, and together we will make KSP 2 be the best experience possible for our players.
What You’ll Take On
The Senior QA Tester will work closely with all other disciplines on the development team to verify KSP 2 is built as intended and at high quality. This role will communicate with team members, attempt to break everything they touch, and make sure players have as smooth an experience as possible from the floor of Kerbin to the farthest reaches of space!
- Collaborate with other team members to perform test cases to verify a variety of game features.
- Creatively identify ways to use the game as players will that others on the team may not have thought about.
- Communicate risks and opportunities discovered through testing and participate in mitigation discussions to address issues.
- Describe discovered issues through bug entry and other helpful reporting processes.
- Build close relationship with offsite KSP QA experts to share information, best practices, and help improve the overall testing of the game.
- Responsible for assisting in test case creation and execution, bug vetting, and overall quality.
- Be a voice of quality for the KSP community.
What You Bring:
- Experience with Jira or equivalent bug tracking software.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and/or other relevant tools.
- A deep love and understanding of games and a desire to learn and contribute to the creation of a sequel.
- 3+ years of experience in game testing
- At least one released title as an embedded member of a development team.
Great to Have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- General understanding of the phases of game development.
- Experience working with Unity or multiplayer titles.
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.