Sr QA Analyst
Pasadena California United States
14 days ago
MUST HAVE GAMING OR ONLINE CASINO EXPERIENCE
Industrial Toys is a AAA mobile developer founded by Halo veteran Alex Seropian. Our mission is to bring "Mobile To The Core". We are currently working to bring the cutting edge of FPS gaming to your phone. If you’re interested in working with veteran mobile and HD developers in creating new experiences that will reach billions of mobile players around the world we would like to hear from you!
Our team culture is collaborative and high-performance, and we expect everyone to think like game makers and approach development with a Player First perspective.
Role Overview: Senior QA Analyst
The Senior QA Analyst and team are accountable for delivering the QA project planning, requirements and deliverables. You will collaborate with the QA Development Manager to deliver against schedules and ensure the creation, implementation and execution of test coverage and project metrics.
A Senior QA Analyst will play a critical role in implementing critical knowledge transfer and the overall communication process with internal and external game teams. They will work embedded within the Development organization, drive continuous improvement of the QA practice across EA, have a strong Quality mindset from a consumer perspective, and be a strong advocate and influencer in game design and implementation decisions.
As a Senior QA Analyst your time will be focused on ensuring that project deliverables are being completed on time through active participation in the test duties and processes while maintaining EA’s high standard of quality. Additionally, you will focus on continually improving the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the QA effort by assessing current quality assurance practices and incorporating new QA strategies. You will work on department level initiatives as well as operational efficiency initiatives.
You will also spend time actively engaging in daily test routines and responsibilities. Monitoring performance and delivering measurable feedback as part of daily test routines. Establishing effective working relationships within the QA department, the QA project team, internal development and engineering teams and the outside business partners are critical to success in this role.
Reporting to the QA Development Manager we’re looking for a highly motivated and passionate Senior QA Analyst to join our team to help coordinate and test an exciting new mobile title.
Core responsibilities expected, but not limited to are as follows:
- Proactive self-starter and motivator with the ability to jump in where necessary
- Can prioritize and coordinate multiple work streams in task execution and task management.
- Comfortable interfacing with a number of internal and external team and multidisciplinary and domain experts
- Prioritize the end-user, ensuring that feedback is delivered with the community in mind while still accounting for development constraints such as timelines and budgets
- Creates test scenarios and scripts supporting requirements for both manual and automation testing
- Execute test cases, plans and suites, defect tracking and regression
- Manages bug entry to minimize invalid and duplicate issues
- Participates extensively in testing by creating and execution of test cases to acquire the necessary experience in game area to become the expert
- Apply a range of testing techniques and methodologies to identify defects of a very high-quality level
- Extensive skill and knowledge in mobile compliance requirements and hardware platform
- Consumes analytical data to make informed decisions and assumptions and may propose solutions to resolve trends that have negative impacts on product quality
- Analyzes and performs game design feedback, test case design modification and reviews at both a requirements level and product build level producing reports at a cadence to necessary to support product quality decision making
- Identifies and escalates risk that impacts project goals proposing where possible potential solutions
- Allocates and executes tasks on a daily basis and reports on results to QA management
- Ultimate responsible for the quality of the work delivered on his assigned area of influence
- Ability to think critically, appraise, problem solve and provide constructive feedback from testing phases
- Root cause analysis and defect analysis with the ability to validate assumptions and propose potential solutions to problems
- Working with internal / external partners and groups whilst maintaining the quality benchmark and project KPIs
- Solutions oriented problem solver with an ability to understand, define, propose and implement tangible solutions
- Strong personable people management skills, mentors and cultivates others within their project team
- Responsible for monitoring and driving product quality KPIs throughout project duration to give a constant heartbeat on product quality
- Ensure testing processes and practices are adhered to at all times, influencing partners where needed to protect and uphold product quality
- Collaborate with internal and external partners and stakeholders across a range of technology disciplines and geographic locations
- Drive quality upstream and advocating best practices to achieve this
- Produce and present reports to stakeholders utilizing data that represent product quality KPIs
Candidates will be expected to speak to the following levels of practical experience
- Senior QA Analysts are expected to have at a minimum:
- 3 years of experience in a software development environment
- Risk management and solutions oriented problem solving techniques
- Strong personal communicator comfortable communicating across technical and non-technical disciplines with the ability to influence where needed
- An appreciation or practical understanding analytics and KPIs as a way of tracking product quality
- Motivated self-starter; capable of operating with some autonomy under minimal supervision, comfortable conversing within engineering disciplines with and eye to promote best in class quality principles
- Test case test management software experience i.e. TestRail, TM4J
- Experience of shipping mobile titles built in UE4 or Unreal a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in any number of related fields including Computer Science, Game Production/Development, Business, etc..A Master’s degree is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of production life cycle, tools, processes and execution planning
- Experience in a Scrum / Agile software development environmentProficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Jira
- Hands on experience shipping mobile titles is a plus