Sr Project Manager
10 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Join the award-winning team that created God of War
This role requires onsite availability (hybrid schedule may be possible in the future).
The Studio Operations Team at Santa Monica Studio is the backbone of studio life and culture. Overseeing responsibilities like new hire onboarding, events and engagements, contracts and vendors, and everything in between, our main goal is to maintain and continuously elevate the best-in-class studio experience. We are seeking an experienced and self-driven individual to join our team as a Sr Project Manager!
A Sr Project Manager is relied upon to lead long-term projects for the studio as well as navigate quick iterative needs that inevitably arise at a Studio. This individual is preemptive with their considerations and takes initiative rather than waiting for instruction. Responsibilities include partnering with the studio operations manager, studio directors, and studio head to ensure our studio offerings are on-brand with the high bar of excellence that we set for ourselves.
- Support day-to-day operations in the studio alongside Studio Ops team. Hybrid work mode is a consideration.
- Partner with Manager of Studio Operations on process improvements
- Partner with Studio Ops Production Manager on the new hire experience from the point a candidate accepts a role through the first 90-days as a member of our team
- Partner with Facilities group to ensure the studio’s needs are met such as the snack and beverage program
- Partner with the DEI&B Project Manager on opportunities for Learning & Development through the lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Manage all conference opportunities from a project management perspective and partner with Studio Ops team to ensure all aspects are considered and executed on
- Manage speaking opportunity requests and act as liaison between the studio and corporate PR
- Partner with Events & Engagements Sr Project Manager on internal studio perks
- Support Studio Ops team members on existing projects
- Collaborate with Leads, Managers, Directors, and Producers on special projects
- Project Management Craftsmanship
- Excellent organizational & prioritization skills, attention to detail, process knowledge and ability to task-switch
- Experience with Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel)
- Communication & Collaboration
- Operating with a sense of urgency is a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively across product development and management teams
- Experience working with high performing creative teams and demonstrated ability to partner effectively in a high pressure, collaborative environment
- Proven conflict management skills with a strength in mediation leading to resolution of risk and roadblocks
Education & Experience
- Mastery of a variety of project management techniques in a creative environment coupled with an intense focus on workplace experience
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.