Sr Project Manager
16 days ago
Senior Project Manager
GreenPark is looking for a project manager with a strong understanding of app or web app development best practices and production methodologies to ensure clear goals are outlined and realized throughout the phases of development and major milestones. When particularly hard problems arise, you will draw upon your diverse experience and the collective creativity of the team to remove blockers while always keeping the end user in mind. The ideal candidate will have experience working with teams through all aspects of the product life cycle including: prototyping, pre-production, production, quality assurance, release, and maintenance. By blending your production experience with your engineering, artistic, and design know-how, you will empower the team to create exciting new experiences. For this role, a strong background in JIRA administration, Live Ops development, social media products, Agile Scrum methodology, and/or the more technical side of development will be highly valued.
- Champion the team by building a strong culture of empowerment and self-accountability where creativity and self-direction flourish
- Facilitate team meetings such as daily stand-ups, pre-production planning, build reviews, brainstorm sessions, sprint planning, retrospectives, and feature kickoffs
- Coordinate and manage production schedules, feature backlogs, tasking and major milestones
- Partner with design, art, and engineering to prioritize features, goals, and sub tasks based on team need, long-term player value, scope, and dependencies that ensure we hit our milestones
- Create project roadmaps and block schedules that provide the team with clear visibility and line-of-sight on achieving future milestones
- Ensure teams understand goals and manage delivery through all phases of development
- Facilitate the alignment of feature requests and requirements to team and stakeholders
- Collaborate and communicate identified risks in advance and support execution of mitigation plans
- Remain current on industry trends including: new software development methodologies and emergent technology
- Minimum 5 years of app or web app development experience
- Proven track record as a project manager in delivering a successful app or web app and maintaining support of that product past launch
- Strong JIRA administrative skills
- Experience working in a high frequency deployment/release environment
- Experience working in Live Operations development
- Experience working with engineers on both product and infrastructure related projects
- Proven ability in managing, launching, maintaining and/or growing top-performing apps or web apps, particularly in the social media space
- Strong analytical, technical and project management skills
- Knowledge of game industry-standard software tools, design documents and production processes/best practices (budgets, concept and prototyping creation, project management, and defect tracking).
- Experience building and managing strong cross-discipline teams that are self-directing
- Collaborative and progressive thinker capable of inspiring large teams towards a unified goal
- Proven ability to create, track, and maintain complex schedules
- Can independently drive several projects on-time and on-budget while meeting the highest level of quality
- Demonstrated ability to identify production risks and proactively mitigate them
- Able to communicate effectively with engineering, art, design, audio, and QA
- You feel comfortable speaking to a broad spectrum of topics to multiple teams
- Willingness and experience mentoring others
- Experience wearing many hats in a startup-like environment
- Ability to flex your leadership style to fit team needs
- Exposure to all aspects of game development from low-level engine development through high-level IP development
Note: It's encourage to provide a link to your projects/portfolio so that we can see examples of your work (e.g. roadmaps, block schedules, development dashboards, PowerPoint presentations, etc.).
What We Offer
- With a small, core team of talented people, iterating and scaling fast, you’ll be hands-on and learning right away. This is the ideal opportunity to pave your own path and grow.
- We have two amazing home locations - LA and SF (Both remote due to COVID-19) with additional remote locations in NY, TX, WA, NC.
- We strive to be welcoming, innovative, and have an inclusive culture. As an early team member, you’ll be active in recruiting decisions ensuring we build a culture you want to be part of.
- Competitive salary with stock options.
- Flexible PTO
- A selection of six different Medical plans with 100% premium coverage for base plans.
- Dental and Vision plans with 99% premium coverage.
- 401(k) program
- Company sponsored Life Insurance
- Company sponsored Long Term and Short Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible work schedule
- Employee Assistance Program
We find ourselves in unusual times and as such, both of our offices are on a Work From Home schedule due to COVID-19. But don't worry, we have your back when it comes to provisioning all the necessary hardware you will need to perform at the top of your game all from the comfort of your home.
GreenPark Sports creates digital experiences and games for the new generation of sports and esports fans. Our flagship product is a native, free-to-play mobile game played over the top of live sports and esports events, where fans battle to become the undisputed “Best Fans” of their league and season. At GreenPark, we embrace unique points of view as well as diverse backgrounds and identities that are all about creating unique experiences for passionate fans. Here, you can expect a highly collaborative environment of thoughtful teammates who huddle-up, listen, challenge, and push each other to make each idea and execution phenomenal.
Job Applicant Notice at Collection
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at GreenPark Sports, Inc. When creating a profile and submitting your application, we will collect the following categories of personal information: direct identifiers, such as your name and contact information; professional information, such as your previous employment, education background, and work authorizations (e.g., work visas); and other information you include in your resume, cover letter and other job application materials, such as your preferences, skills, abilities, and references. We also may collect your social media information if you connect your social media account when creating a profile.
We use each category of the information you provide to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) that you apply to and other job openings at GreenPark Sports, Inc. that we think may interest you. We also use each category of information for other business purposes, including to comply with federal and state laws requiring us to maintain certain records, to manage our workforce, to detect security incidents, and to protect against fraudulent or other illegal activity.
Please note: Individuals must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.