Sr. Program Manager - Analytics
New York, New York, United States
8 days ago
The Enterprise Applications (EA) Analytics Program Manager will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies and highly-skilled technology and data science teams in developing and implementing IT, data science and advanced analytics solutions for Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., a leading developer, marketer and publisher of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. The EA Analytics Program Manager will ensure integration and successful delivery of projects based on the needs of the Take-Two Analytics Department and its customers. This position has oversight of project managers delivering projects within the Enterprise Applications and Enterprise Analytics Program.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded background in analytics, data engineering and data science technologies. You must be able to navigate ambiguity and competing priorities. You are able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives and can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
As the EA Analytics Program Manager, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints of Take-Two’s Analytics projects. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
- Work with a team of data scientists to proactively source and scope new internal projects, gather requirements, write business cases, track progress, and ensure value delivery
- Serve as a liaison between the Take-Two Analytics department and the broader Take-Two IT-organization
- Run demos and meetings with stakeholders and functionality consumers
- Facilitate conversations among stakeholders to make decisions and keep them informed of project progress and decisions
- Manage team priorities in a fast-evolving business, determining concrete next actions and remove roadblocks
- Maintain and publish an internal backlog of prioritized projects and their potential impact to facilitate strategic planning for the Take-Two Analytics department
- Manage a multi-faceted data & analytics program and related multiple projects at the same time
- Use best practice PMO methodologies to create project plans to fit the stakeholders’ needs and deliver within budget on desired outcomes; utilize and integrate various project management frameworks and methodologies (waterfall, agile and hybrid), in a fast paced, high energy environment
- Communicate to all concerned parties project milestones, status updates, as well as any existing or potential escalation issues in clear and concise format
- Proactively assess project risks and potential problems before they occur, define and execute mitigations as required
- Apply a proactive approach in routinely tracking the project progress against project goals
- Define and enforce the use of good project management practices to resolve complex, interdependent activities into tasks and sub-tasks that are documented, monitored and controlled
- Ensure all project deliverables meet quality standards
- Monitor all program financials and reporting on financial outcomes
- Maintain visibility on day-to-day activities with program project teams
- Conduct capacity planning to assign project staff across multiple projects based on priority and availability
- Ability to manage resources, budgets, vendors, and be able to lead and guide projects through completion
- Experience in managing projects involving quantitative and qualitative data analyses, data science, survey and market research, predictive analytics, data processing and reporting is required
- Understanding of Data Engineering and Feature Engineering approaches is desirable
- Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
- 5+ years of experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver projects with multiple dependencies and constraints in-parallel across a complex program
- 5+ years of program management skills with demonstrated ability to influence others outside of direct line of reporting
- Experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Business or related major
- PMI membership and PMP and/or Scrum certification is a plus
- Formal training or certification in structured project management and delivery methods with proven practical application (example: PMBOK, Agile / SCRUM, PRINCE2, COBIT, Kaizen, Lean RUP, CMM or proprietary)
- Proficiency in multiple software and technological tools to communicate and manage projects including and not limited to PPM systems, JIRA, Visio, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate data, context, and implications effectively to senior management, stakeholders and cross-functional teams. May be asked to provide professional writing skills examples.
- Strong grasp of the SDLC
- Ability to understand and analyze financial data e.g. costs/ benefits analysis, ROI, capitalization rules, etc.