Sr. Product Manager - Technical
29 days ago
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter , get interviewing tips on Instagram , and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog .
About the Role
The Commerce Products team's mission is to help creators make a living doing what they love. We build experiences that allow motivated superfans to financially support their favorite creators and have fun doing it.
As a Sr. Product Manager, Technical on the Commerce Products team, you will work with a cross-functional team across engineering, design, data science, and product marketing to develop delightful products that help viewers support their favorite creators. You will be responsible for deeply understanding viewers and creators, setting a vision for creator support, and articulating a strategy for how we get there. As a tireless advocate for our users, you will also partner closely with other Twitch product teams, especially those in Monetization, to ensure our users enjoy a coherent, delightful experience across the integrated Twitch product.
In a typical week, you might partner with UX research to understand users' needs better, identify opportunities to help creators earn more, bounce ideas off your fellow Commerce Products PMs, work with your core product team to brainstorm and implement product hypotheses, and share your insights with the broader organization in the monthly business review and Monetization All Hands.
This position can be located in Seattle, WA or San Francisco, CA
- Become the expert and tireless advocate for your target customer. You will understand their needs deeply , and advocate for the most impactful ways to address them within and beyond your team.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities, lay out your assumptions, and figure out the fastest way to test your assumptions so we are consistently shipping delightful experiences to our users.
- Develop a vision and multi-year strategy for creating best-in-class creator support products and experiences.
- Partner with engineering, design, data science, user research, and product marketing to deliver on your strategy with features our users love that work for the business.
- Collaborate with other PMs across Twitch to ensure our products work better together, so Twitch users have a coherent , delightful user experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager launching projects and driving strategic alignment among stakeholders .
- You don't believe in the phrase "that's not my job" when it comes to getting important work across the finish line
- You care deeply about your users and understand that a good plan, executed today, is better than a perfect plan executed later.
- You are able to work with your team to break down your beliefs into testable hypotheses.
- An ability to bring others along. You understand that working in a team requires alignment , trust , and psychological safety, and you actively cultivate these with your core team and your stakeholders .
- Basic SQL skills to get quick answers, but you also know when to ask for help from your data scientist
- Experience with creators
- You care about helping creators make a living doing what they love
- You "bleed purple" or are willing and eager to learn
- Zero-to-one product development experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships , off-site massages , etc.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job ID: TW6964
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.