Sr. Product Manager, Live Ops Events
9 days ago
Machine Zone (An AppLovin Company) is a global leader in mobile gaming, with a track record of delivering some of the world’s most successful mobile games including Game of War , Mobile Strike and Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire . We combine the power of technology and creative vision to create experiences that connect people from all corners of the globe. Machine Zone was acquired by AppLovin in May 2020.
AppLovin is a Certified Great Place to Work, one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work in 2019, 2020 and 2021, and the Workplace Wellness Award in 2019 which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
As a Sr. Product Manager, Live Ops Events at MZ, you will play a crucial role in driving the monetization key performance indicators of our products. You will be making real-time decisions that directly influence the economic health of the game and the revenue of the company.
Qualified candidates will be self-starters, detail-oriented, dependable, and capable of thinking clearly and executing effectively during times of high pressure.
We’re looking for candidates who are excited to be part of a hard working team and a fast paced environment.
What you'll be doing:
- Strategize and execute events within games based on data to drive monetization
- Design, implement, and evaluate experiments to test hypothesis around user conversion, sales, and live events to improve engagement, retention, and monetization across all MZ Games
- Use exploratory data analysis techniques to identify meaningful relationships, patterns, or trends from complex data sets
- Drive monetization through the analysis of the in-game economy and other data metrics via reporting tools
- Team leadership of product specific events team driving overall monetization direction for mobile games
- Ideate A/B test messaging, content and branding to optimize revenue
- Collaborate with the Game Design team to ensure engaging new content and features
- Track and measure sales, features, tests, and results in order to evaluate performance of new features and game content
- Collaborate with the Sales team to support in-game sales
Your background and who you are:
- BA/BS or higher in Economics, Mathematics, Psychology, Business, Finance, Statistics, Merchandising or related field
- 8+ experience in analytical or product centric role analyzing large datasets
- 2+ years of management or supervisory experience
- Proficient with SQL, Hive, or other querying language
- Ability to make data driven decisions and operate independently
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem solving abilities
- Ability to look beyond the data and holistically assess situations
- Strong team player and ability to influence up and across the organization
- Product or store management experience a plus, specifically experience pushing things live via an admin or CMS tool
- Familiar with and passionate about analyzing user behavior on consumer mobile applications
- Expert with Excel preferred
- Experience in games; MMOs, free-to-play, social games, casino games, or mobile games
- Experience in monetization and retention analytics in social media, e-commerce or consumer products
- Strong background in statistics and mathematics
AppLovin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.