Sr Product Designer
6 days ago
Who We Are
At Statespace we’re using cognitive science, artificial intelligence, and video games to revolutionize the way that humans improve.
Our first product (Aim Lab) is a personalized, AI-powered analytics and training platform for competitive gamers and Esports athletes. Aim Lab has well over a million users and the best user community in the whole wide world (we may be biased).
Our team consists of scientists, designers, engineers, and game industry vets coming together from places like NYU, MTV, NASA, Yale, Nintendo, and the NFL. We are well-funded and supported by some of the world’s best investors and entrepreneurs, including Khosla Ventures, FirstMark Capital, Lux Capital, Expa Capital, and WndrCo.
Weird. Non-traditional background. Underdog. Outcast. If people have used any of these words or phrases to describe you...welcome home. Kick-ass engineer or designer without a degree? Come join our team.
We hire talented, self-motivated people and get out of their way. We are based in NYC but have a remote work culture and are looking for exceptional people to join our team regardless of their physical location.
We value performance, not hours worked (or when you work them). We believe you shouldn’t have to miss your kid’s play or doctor’s appointment for the sake of adhering to an arbitrary work schedule.
However, if you are looking for a job where you are happy to just collect a nice paycheck and/or nap under your desk like George Costanza, we are not the right fit for you (we don’t even have desks).
The work we do is hard, and therefore, a key company goal is to mitigate needless obstacles that prevent our team members from accomplishing their goals. To that end, our vacation policy is “take it whenever you want to”, our PTO policy is “take it whenever you need to”. We offer very generous medical, dental, vision, and retirement plans.
The Sr Product Designer Role
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our growing in-house design team! We are a fun loving, creative group with a passion for gaming, impactful designs and all things awesome. You should have a passion for finding solutions that allow our users to intuitively use our product offerings that work within the respective platforms(PC, Mobile, Console, etc). The ideal candidate will be skilled at each stage of the design process but always focused on the needs of our users. You will mentor and work with our other product designers and cross-functional team members to achieve the design goals laid out within each project scope. This is a senior level position with room to really lead all product design initiatives while working with the VP of design to map out timelines, details and deliverables. If this sounds like you and you’re passionate about design, gaming and eager to learn more, we’d love to chat!
- Identify opportunities for new products
- Analyze how a new product ties in with market needs and user preferences
- Set design requirements based on briefs from internal teams and external partners
- Research materials and techniques
- Produce prototypes and test functionality
- Improve the design of existing products
- Gather feedback and learnings from users to better the product
- 5+ years experience leading design projects (game, web, mobile, apps, etc.) using user-centered design practices
- Experience creating wireframes, user flows, and related design documentation
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills and the ability to be a self-starter
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and follow-through on completion of tasks
- Excellent time-management skills, including the ability to work on concurrent projects and quickly prioritize competing tasks and responsibilities
- Proficiency with UX-design (we use XD in-house but, Figma, Sketch or others work as well) centric applications for generating design deliverables to other teams
- Ability to follow and adapt existing brand style guides and established design systems for design consistency and cohesion
- Unity experience
- Game design experience
- Game data visualization experience
- Passion for FPS games and gaming in-general