This job might no longer be available.
15 days ago
Welcome to Maxis, home to tinkerers, craftspeople, & storytellers. Our drive is to inspire everyone to make a better world through creative play. As the developer of the Sims, we create games and experiences for millions of people around the world and are always looking for new ways to inspire our players. Maxis is a place where you can do what you love and help others grow while doing it; a place where your unique voice can be heard and seen. We put creativity and inclusivity at the core of our work and don't settle for seeing the world only as it is, but strive to build a world as it could be. Read on to see how you can join our team and dream big!
Job Summary: Maxis is looking for a passionate senior producer to be accountable for delivering high quality experiences across a large team , helping facilitate a highly collaborative environment, and encouraging player-focused problem solving. We need someone who is decisive and well-versed in evaluating player needs, scope, and the release schedule to prioritize project execution. You represent the player and need to drive the team to not just complete the roadmap, but do so in a way that will delight our audiences and adjust accordingly.
First and foremost, we are looking for someone who loves solving creative problems alongside other passionate, creative people. Your job is to lead, motivate, and inspire! We need someone well-versed in product experience about building product road maps, identifying key features, and ensuring the actual features match the promise of the vision. We need an incredible communicator, someone who can clearly delegate responsibility and keep multiple groups working in tandem aligned. We are looking for a leader and mentor who is passionate about making great games.
An attitude towards rapid experimentation, recognizing failure with humility, and pivoting on a dime, is essential. You will partner closely with team leadership, production, and design leadership to bring this project to life.
As a Senior Producer for Maxis you will…
- Be an outspoken cheerleader for the product and player experience.
- Define the execution roadmap for a highly iterative game that must balance live updates and R&D efforts, and do so in a way that thrills our target audiences and accomplishes our strategic objectives.
- Manage production personnel to improve craft execution and grow the next generation of studio leadership.
- Balance the needs of multiple player experience pillars to create a single, cohesive experience on a deadline.
- Champion the cause of making cross platform Mobile-HD development and data-informed experimentation a part of our team’s DNA.
- Coordinate with design and Development Directors for vision kick off, task tracking, and milestone check ins.
- Aid leadership with executive check ins and product milestone presentation materials. Present at regular team and studio meetings.
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
- At least one shipped product in a senior leadership role.
- Experience in soft launch and/or live service environments.
- Expertise in communicating and driving product vision. We need an imaginative product leader.
- Experience in early stage R&D/pre-production on at least one product that shipped.
- Strong expertise with Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in highly collaborative environments with multidisciplinary roles beyond production, especially design, art direction, and technical direction.
- Demonstrable experience in building/leading/improving high morale, efficient, predictable teams.
- Experience managing and mentoring producers and designers.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- A creative background (ex: Design, Experience Design, Writing, Art)
- Experience developing software for multiple platforms (PC, Console, Mobile).
- Expertise for developing iOS or Android platform experiences, with specific regard to touch interface, Mobile customer play and purchase behavior.
- Expertise for developing multiplayer or social game experiences.
- Demonstrated experience with using Mod tools, or creating customizable player experiences.
- Experience working closely with Experience Research and Consumer Insights to research and evaluate experiences.
- Experience in fostering strong remote work environments.
- Experience developing games using the Unreal Engine.
- Familiarity with the Sims franchise or life simulation games.