Sr. Producer, Ghost Story Games (RPG, Strategy, Shooter)
Westwood, Massachusetts, United States
11 days ago
Who We Are:
We are a self-publishing game development studio owned by Take-Two Interactive located in the greater-Boston area. We're dedicated to making immersive story driven games for gamers that like a challenge. The studio was founded by a group of former Irrational Games developers that involved the development and release of highly rated games, System Shock 2, BioShock and BioShock Infinite.
We’re working on a new immersive, sci-fi based FPS with RPG elements. We haven’t announced any details yet because we are still in production.
Come join an outstanding team of less than ~35 people that is committed to judging by quality, not arbitrary timeliness. We are known for having genuine open communication with a flat structure. You're welcome to join any meeting, walk up to (or Slack) anyone and have your voice heard. Team-based decision making is important to us, regardless of your position – every opinion counts and matters!
Who You Are:
Our ideal teammate, is a Producer who is empathetic with the player and consistently pushes for quality game experiences, translating those into efficient and effective pipelines. To be successful in this role, you will have owned areas of production for one or more PC and/or console titles in the shooter, RPG or strategy genres. The ability to communicate clearly and build lasting relationships within the team is a must.
Are you ambitious? You'll be able to directly impact and work on a massively creatively project in the immersive sim genre.
Someone who is intimately aware of various production methodologies, but also knows when to stray from the beaten path if the situation requires it to get a better outcome.
This is a Project Based role, relocation is not required.
- Own pipelines and key features to drive your production department throughout all phases.
- Schedule and maintain day-to-day tasking of departmental and interdisciplinary teams.
- Prepare regular reports on the status of owned production areas, including recommendations to ensure development goals are satisfied.
- Proactively identify efficiency issues and dependency problems when encountered and propose and implement solutions for resolution.
- Understand and communicate issues facing various types of gameplay, artistic and technical considerations in order to identify and drive solutions.
- Coordinate with the quality-assurance team to ensure agreed-upon workflow and management of bug databases, including establishment of priorities for resolution of bugs.
What You Bring:
- Several years of experience as an in-house Producer who has shipped at least one title on a development team through all phases of production.
- Ability to build and maintain project timelines and benchmark documentation, managing the progress of department achievements and individual tasks against those schedules.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel), Hansoft, Jira, Confluence and other project-tracking and bug-database software.
- Passion for narrative first-person shooters a plus.
What We Offer You:
- Flexible Hours: We understand that sometimes people need to balance work and family life, so we have flexible work hours and support structure. Friday is our dedicated work-from-home day for most team members. (although we are currently all working remotely.)
- Benefits: Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform and more.
- Free Merchandise: Every new employee is encouraged with an onboarding swag package to make sure they blend right in. Additionally, each of our team members can expect to receive a new merchandise item from time to time. For fans of other Take-Two studios, there is a discounted employee store where you can find the latest games and swag from our sister studios.
- On-Site Support: Our world-class IT and Operations teams make sure that you get what you need to do what you do best. They keep us working, fed, hydrated and happy with full team-catered lunches. New employee arrivals, significant team meetings, receiving your online shopping orders and getting you an aspirin when needed. They have your back!
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we build and celebrate diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
When applying for this position
Please have played or at least be familiar with our legacy games System Shock 2, BioShock and BioShock Infinite. View this video from Ken Levine’s 2014 GDC talk which explains some of the game we’re working on, on a high level.