Sr. Platform Unity Developer
17 days ago
Sago Mini is an award-winning publisher of preschool apps and toys worldwide. We are supported by a team of artists, designers, developers, product managers, thinkers, and doers devoted to play. With over 100 million downloads, three subscription services, and 40+ apps, Sago Mini brings thoughtful design to life for kids and parents worldwide.
About the Role
The Sago Mini team is hiring a Sr Platform Unity Developer with Unity App and Tool development expertise to join our Core Technology team. This team is responsible for developing and maintaining the multiple foundational frameworks and tools that support all of Sago’s products. Your work will directly enable our teams to create playful experiences for kids and parents to enjoy around the world.
This role is a non-gameplay Unity developer position.
You'll thrive in this role if you…
- Flourish in a fast-paced, agile product/customer-focused environment.
- Enjoy collaborating with other tech leads, product managers, designers, and artists across the company to solve problems.
- Have extensive experience building and maintaining shared services and tools used across many projects.
- You’re self-driven and ask questions about things that may affect your work.
- Are obsessed with the details; and know how to take a product from good to great.
- Seek feedback, admit when you are wrong, and enjoy mentoring others.
What You'll Be Doing
- Support our teams in integrating our Core Tech services into their projects.
- Maintain and ensure the stability of our build system infrastructure.
- Take frequently used functionality and turn it into well-documented shared frameworks, SDKs, and tools that our teams can use.
- Regularly meet with our product managers and tech leads to understand their challenges so that you and your Core Tech colleagues can align your priorities to meet our teams' needs.
- Be the go-to person for troubleshooting tricky platform-specific issues.
- Support our team through the process of upgrading to newer versions of Unity.
- Champion technical processes and standards that all our teams should follow.
Qualifications and Skills
- 8+ years of professional software development experience.
- Deep understanding of how to use Unity to create cross-platform mobile apps.
- Can iterate quickly and write clear and reusable code using C#
- A love for architecting systems. You can break down complicated tasks into distinct components, prioritize what is essential, and provide accurate time estimates.
- Well-versed in optimizing Unity3d projects for Mobile platforms (eg: limited memory/CPU/GPU).
- Familiar with building apps that use IAPs; both local and server-side receipt validation.
- Comfortable building custom Unity Plugins for iOS (Objective-C/Swift) and/or Android (Java/Kotlin).
- A degree in game development/computer science/engineering or a resume full of practical experience.
About the Process
- Once you apply, you'll receive an email confirming that we've received your application. After we've had a chance to review your application (1-2 weeks), we'll reach out to let you know what the next steps are.
- If you are moving ahead, your first interview will be a 30 min interview where we'll learn more about you and answer any questions you have about the role.
- Next, we will ask you to complete a short take-home assignment assessing your technical skills.
- Your third interview will be a 2 hr technical interview where we will explore your technical experiences through questions/answers and a live coding exercise.
- In your fourth and final interview, you meet with a cross-functional group of Sago Mini members for 1hr. You'll discuss your past work experience and let us know what you're excited to tackle next in your career.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Based in Toronto, Sago Mini is a subsidiary of Toca Boca, the No. 1 mobile-first kids brand in the App Store. Both companies are part of Spin Master Corp., a global children's entertainment company that creates, designs and manufactures a diversified portfolio of innovative toys, games, products and entertainment properties. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people who care about doing great work. Sago Mini is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.