Sr Pipeline Programmer
12 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Join the award-winning team that created God of War
This role can be fully remote or onsite in Playa Vista, CA (when the studio re-opens) with relocation support, if needed.
Santa Monica Studio is seeking an experienced Pipeline Programmer to join us for the development of a new unannounced title!
You’re into making everyone else’s life better. You spend your time thinking about workflow improvements and optimizations that will decrease iteration times.
- Research, define, extend, and maintain production pipelines from source assets to the runtime
- Collaborate effectively with programmers, designers, and artists to gather requirements and help troubleshoot the problems
- Profile, identify, and eliminate bottlenecks in complex data processing pipelines and tools (performance, memory, network, IO)
- Build high quality code by developing both unit and integration testing
- Complete assigned projects with limited supervision
- Mentor and guide team members in areas of expertise; instill best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years of professional programming experience in engine or pipeline engineering roles in the games, VFX, or animation industry
- Expertise in C/C++ required, Python desirable
- Solid understanding of 3D math (especially linear algebra and vector math);
- Experience developing tools/plugins for one or more DCC packages such as Maya, Houdini, 3ds Max, Katana or Motion Builder
- Experience with database technologies (Redis, MongoDB, PostgreSQL or MySQL) and RESTful APIs
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and extensible code with attention to reusability
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Good collaborator within a large, diverse team
- Development and/or optimization of distributed build systems
- UI tools (Qt, C#/WPF or similar)
- Telemetry systems (e.g. Elasticsearch, Grafana, Datadog, Tableu, etc.)
- Performance profiling tools (e.g. Windows Performance Analyzer, VTune, Razor, PIX)
- USD-based pipeline
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.