Sr. People Partner
11 days ago
The Pokémon Company International (TPCi) is growing. We are looking for a flexible, culture-centric and proactive Sr. People Partner to join our growing team. Based in Bellevue, you will be responsible for solving complex organizational challenges with people-related solutions for employees in the US and Europe. You will work closely with managers and senior leaders to coach, challenge and support them as our business continues to evolve and scale. This role will report to the Chief People Officer, with an initial focus on partnering with Executives/Stakeholders across multiple teams within the organization.
What You’ll Do
- Provide coaching and guidance to managers and senior leaders
- Working closely with the wider People Team in the US and UK to provide support across other functional teams and geographies as required
- Develop positive working relationships across the organization in order to anticipate people-related needs, proactively address pain points, and ensure a workplace where everyone can contribute and thrive
- Leverage data and analytics to drive project, interventions, solutions and continuous improvement efforts
- Work on a wide range of strategic people-related initiatives and projects including team structure and optimization, employee engagement and retention, organizational culture and change management
- Facilitate a learning and growth environment; share best practices, stay up to date with current organizational research and roll out centralized/localized learning & development initiatives
- Lead resolution of employee relations issues, both formal and informal, consulting with internal legal partners
- Collaborate with the Total Rewards team to research and advise on salary benchmarking, pay bandings and other rewards and recognition mechanisms
- Provide pragmatic advice to managers on the implementation of all people policies; collaborate with the entire People team as well as the local team in London to design globally vs. locally relevant policies where appropriate
- Oversee flawless execution of annual people processes in local market(s)
- Work with our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Center of Excellence to drive local and global DEI plans
What You’ll Bring
- 10+ or more years’ experience as an HR business partner within a dynamic multi-national organization
- 2+ years of people leadership preferred
- Deep functional expertise in talent management, employee relations, compliance, organizational development, total rewards, training and coaching
- Strong working knowledge of labor employment laws and local requirements.
- Experience working in global organizations, specifically across the US plus some experience with UK and Europe
- A comfort solving problems and delivering project autonomously as part of a agile, small People team
- Accustomed to working closely with senior leaders as a strategic thought partner, with the ability to influence and challenge when needed
- Adept at working with data, assessing findings and determining insights to translate into action
- Preferred tech, gaming, entertainment or similar industry experience.
- Tech savvy: including Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, Human Resources Information Systems, and Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field.
- HR related certification(s) a plus.
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with an ability to easily convey messaging to diverse audiences.
- Collaborative and Inclusive: You are a team player with the ability to work collaboratively and comfortably with all employees who have diverse skills and experience and are in different geographies and levels within the organization. You build trust and collaborate with partners at all levels to deliver customer-centric solutions.
- Change agent and Innovator: You are comfortable with educating and influencing others through change and don’t shy away from challenging the status quo. You consider the needs of the client and culture to identify creative business solutions that work for all.
- Strategic acumen and leadership agility: You understand current state and can visualize the ideal state to be able to counsel, connect dots and influence leadership, business partners and employees to translate vision into action.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work well under pressure and can pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands, maintaining use of best practices in HR.
- Work Excellence: You are conscientious. Consistently delivery high quality deliverables, maintaining a high level of integrity with the confidential nature of your work.
- Professional Know-How: You understand procedural and technical aspects of your role. You demonstrate resourcefulness in acquiring additional professional expertise and keep up to date on resources available to enhance skills and meet the needs of all customers.
- Analytical and Logical: You’re quantitative and qualitative and able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information and tell the story through data. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; you enjoy building and problem solving to find the best solutions.
- Global and Diverse perspective: You understand how ethnic, cultural, and political matters influence business and can integrate local and global information into decisions affecting multiple sites. You appreciate diversity of talent, thought, and representation and are a consistent advocate and voice for it.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment with competitive market -driven rewards. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Travel between office locations internationally may be required on occasion.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.