Sr. Payments Ops Analyst - Subscriptions
8 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Payments Ops Analyst - Subscriptions
Open to remote
The Global Payments team is responsible for enabling PlayStation Store consumers to pay for their digital content, services, and PS hardware. The Payments Team has supported the growth of the business by continuously improving the payment experience, optimizing payment routing, and enabling new payment methods. We are seeking individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit, interested in working together at the forefront of online retail and subscription services aimed at exceeding the expectations of the gaming community!
Reporting to the Global Payment Analytics & Operations Manager in San Diego, this role will primarily focus on understanding, measuring, and driving efficiencies of payments in our subscription businesses. Working closely across both our global payments operations and services/subscription business teams, you will analyze payment performance for our digital subscriptions, highlighting anomalies, trends, and fluctuations in our payments performance across the globe. Those efforts will be used to decrease subscription churn and reduce costs by implementing payment efficiencies and by focusing on retention, dinning, and offering improvements for recurring payments that will impact the bottom line. You will build and refine KPI's and use a data-driven approach to create and supervise initiatives with very high levels of impact.
What you'll be doing:
- Identify areas of improvement to reduce customer churn that is tied to payment-related inefficiencies
- Drive resolution and communicate to regional partners packaging results from analysis into one consistent cohesive message
- Communication of regional VoC and partner requirements into Global Payments organization to aid the development of any payment strategy and the formation of the payments roadmap
- Support the business with accurate, timely data analysis for new initiatives and strategic business decisions as well as making effective operational decisions
- Analytics - define dashboards for payments across partners, products, and services to identify insights and to manage optimizations
- Develop self-serve and automated reports on daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly basis that highlights business and operational metrics; identify trends and opportunities that tell a story with data
- Combining and visualizing data in a variety of tools such as Tableau
- Proactively drives new and innovative uses of data; gathers the right data from appropriate sources
- Supervise existing metrics and partnering with internal and external teams to identify process and system improvement opportunities
- Provide meaningful reporting and insight regarding consumer payment journey and friction in the payment flow globally
- Working in a global company with many cross-functional teams and large volumes of consumer data
What we are looking for:
- Outstanding analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Proficient in CNP payment ecosystem & subscription business
- Prior experience in global e-commerce
- Write advanced SQL/Snowflake to extract and analyze internal and external payments data. Knowledge of database architecture required
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to build successful relationships with partners and ability to work closely with other business units
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Experience of working under pressure, in an ever-changing dynamic environment.
- Experienced in handling operational level payments data
- Demonstrable ability to turn data into visualized, impactful analysis and metrics - make data depict a story.
- High levels of personal motivation to further your skills, experience, and business knowledge
- Strong understanding of card schemes and regulation (preferred)
- Experience and/or interest in the video game industry (preferred)
- Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint (preferred)
- International work experience (preferred)
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information , including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information , including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.