3 days ago
Job Posting TitleSr. Paralegal
SummaryThe commercial paralegal team was formed to centralize the paralegal work for the majority of the operational and contract legal requests for the Company. The position of Senior Paralegal will be responsible for providing day-to-day paralegal support, under the direction of the Director, Legal Operations – Global, to in-house counsel in multiple jurisdictions regarding gaming and regulatory business and legal issues with different levels of complexity including, but not limited to, drafting, reviewing, negotiating, processing, revising, tracking, and filing of agreements as well as providing assistance with litigation, corporate governance, special projects and performing other operational assignments for the Company and its subsidiaries.
What you'll do
- Develop low effort and medium effort legal documents that require minimum independent drafting (mostly by utilizing company approved templates or modifying same), processing, revising, tracking, and filing agreements; including, but not limited to, license agreements, sponsorship agreements, development agreements, management agreements, professional service agreements, technology and system agreements, game sale agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and supplier agreements, among others.
- Develop high effort legal documents that require significant independent drafting (either creating such agreements from conception or by utilizing company approved templates), reviewing vendor agreements, processing, revising, tracking, and filing agreements.
- Draft corporate consents, resolutions and other corporate documents, coordinate appointment and removal of all corporate officers and directors.
- Provide litigation support by preparing quarterly litigation reports, coordinating document production, issuing and tracking legal holds, corresponding with insurers regarding pending claims and facilitating the execution of affidavits and subpoenas.
- Lead or assist with commercial special projects.
- Conduct basic, intermediate, and advanced legal, regulatory and business-related research for in-house counsel and clients as needed.
- Ensure priority and rush assignments are handled effectively and efficiently.
- Assist with due diligence investigations and/or requests in various jurisdictions in connection with Company transactions.
- Consistent communication during review process of the status of assignments to in-house counsel, business clients and vendors to keep them informed.
- Obtain and maintain advanced contract drafting knowledge.
- Provide basic and intermediate legal and/or business opinions to in-house counsel related to assigned requests.
- Provide basic and intermediate guidance to clients, under direction of in-house legal counsel, on contractual relationships and the impact of such relationships on Company’s strategies and mission statements.
- Provide training to clients and co-workers regarding process and “area of expertise” legal issues.
- Negotiate agreements with advanced authority to make final decisions on legal issues under direction of in-house counsel.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and monitoring of policies and procedures for the paralegal team.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and updating of paralegal training materials.
- Review documents prepared by junior paralegals and/or paralegals for accuracy prior to being submitted to the appropriate attorney, director, and/or client, as applicable.
- Act as an ambassador to business clients by leading regularly scheduled status meetings as directed.
What we're looking for
- Should possess between 7 and 10 years of experience at a law firm, in-house corporate legal department or equivalent legal experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, Paralegal certificate, or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Corporate contracts or commercial legal experience is preferred
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.