Sr. Paralegal II
9 days ago
Job Title:Sr. Paralegal II
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
The Senior Paralegal’s role includes, but is not limited to the following tasks/duties*:
- Assist lawyers in the preparation and filing of documents required for formation, governance, foreign qualification, withdrawal, merger, and dissolution of corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and other legal entities (including coordination with local counsel for non-US entities)
- Assist in drafting board, board committees, and stockholder resolutions and consents and materials for board, board committees. and stockholder meetings
- Create and maintain corporate minute books for parent company and its US and Canadian subsidiaries
- Create and maintain library of corporate governance documents and forms
- Serve as internal resource for information regarding corporate records, organizational structure, and other governance related items, including compiling responses to audit and diligence requests
- Assist in preparation of SEC filings, including in drafting of Section 16 filings
- Maintain and update EDGAR codes, powers of attorney, filing signatures, and other documentation and administrative items related to SEC filings
- Assist with D&O questionnaires, proxy materials, and annual meeting preparation and documentation
- Coordinate signatures, notarizations, and legalization of various legal documents
- Assist with administration and updating of compliance programs, including administration of insider trading compliance
- Assist with business transactions and related due diligence
- Manage routine correspondence, organization of files, and other administrative tasks
- Maintain entity org chart and circulate quarterly
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Paralegal Certificate, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years corporate or paralegal experience preferred
- Experience in a sophisticated legal environment (at a law firm or in-house position with a major corporation) also a plus
- Strong academic and professional credentials
- Outstanding written and communications skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to work with a wide range of individuals, including senior management
- Experience with GEMS or other similar online entity management tool preferred
- Experience with Workiva or similar SEC filing preparation software a plus
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.