Sr Network Engineer
23 days ago
Job Title:Sr Network Engineer
Activision Blizzard, Inc., a member of the S&P 500, is the world’s most successful standalone interactive entertainment company. We delight hundreds of millions of monthly active users around the world through franchises including Activisionʹs Call of Duty®, Destiny and Skylanders®, Blizzardʹs World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, and Heroes of the Storm®, and Kingʹs Candy Crush™, Pet Rescue™, Bubble Witch™ and Farm Heroes™. The company is one of the Fortune ʺ100 Best Companies to Work For®ʺ. Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Blizzard has operations throughout the world, and its games are played in 196 countries. More information about Activision Blizzard and its products and services can be found on the company’s website, www.activisionblizzard.com
Activision’s global information systems team is looking for an experienced and talented Senior Network Engineer to help in supporting Activision Blizzards’ global network. The ideal candidate is adept to providing world class operational support to enterprise network environments. Engineer will perform day to day operational duties and be an escalation point for other support teams when needed. This individual will also serve as a key resource on projects, working directly with project managers to implement network related technology solutions.
Engineer will part of our of the Activision Blizzard King team that will be responsible in managing and supporting the Blizzard and King infra also; strong communication and interpersonal skills are required, as well as a desire for delivering great customer service.
· Ensure all global production network environments and related systems and services are available 24x7.
· First responder and escalation to incident and request tickets from Activision Blizzard’s users and teams.
· Planning, implementation, supporting and maintaining switches, firewalls, routers, proxies, wan accelerators, data center and networking infrastructure to prevent productivity and data loss.
· Perform daily system monitoring and environmental health checks
· Troubleshoot and remediate issues impacting WAN, LAN and internet connectivity.
· Troubleshoot and remediate issues impacting the operation of the network infrastructure.
· Assist in design, documentation, configuration, integration, and installation of complex network infrastructure.
· Able to implement complex projects and time-sensitive tasks under minimal supervision.
· Evaluate and recommend emerging technologies, systems engineering and architecture standards and strategies to increase reliability and manageability and provide training.
· Provide 24X7 on call support as part of an on-call rotation
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Advanced knowledge of networking systems, protocols, software and technologies including but not limited to routers, switches, load balancers, WAN technologies.
· Advanced Understanding of WAN/LAN/DMZ/etc., VPN’s, TCP/IP, DNS, VLANs, etc. in a distributed environment.
· Experience in LAN/WAN technologies – fiber, ethernet, WiFi , PTP, MPLS and or DWDM
· Experience in design, configuration and troubleshooting of routing protocols OSPF, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IS-IS, MPLS, and VRF's.
· Experience with enterprise network switching and routers
· Experience with cabling technologies - Category 5, Category 6, Single & Multi-Mode Fiber
· Fluent in packet analysis (Wireshark)
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Knowledge of computer security systems, applications, procedures and techniques.
· Ability to generate reports in short notice using tools like Visio, Spreadsheets (or similar) and explain solutions and explain data.
· Highly motivated and self-driven, capable of working with little instruction to resolve demanding tasks, as well as work with internal teams
· Experience working in an enterprise datacenter environment
· A degree in computer science or a related field
· Network Certifications (CCNA/CCNP/JNCIS/JNCIP) or higher.
· Experience with Cisco ASA, Juniper SRX and or Palo Alto Network firewalls.
· Experience with Juniper QFX and EX switches, FBF/VRF’s and Juniper MX routers
· Experience with Cisco Catalyst/ Nexus Switches, and or ISR/ASR Routers
· Experience with Aruba or similar wireless technologies
· Experience with Cisco ISE/Aruba Clearpass
· Experience with monitoring tools (Solarwinds, LibreMNS, etc)
· Experience with WAN compression and acceleration
· Experience with Load Balancing technologies (F5, A10)
· Experience with SAN storage technologies including ISCSI, FCOE
· Experience with virtualization: VMware, Cisco UCS
· Understanding of ITIL framework and processes
· A passion for video games
Activision Blizzard is headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivaled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
* The video game industry and therefore our business are fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.