This job might no longer be available.
Senior MySQL Database Administrator - Commerce & Identity Platform
Redwood City California United States
7 days ago
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is not easy. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
The commerce and identity team is part of EADP (EA digital platform) which develops one of the largest eCommerce and Identity platforms to power hundreds of cross-platform games played by hundreds of millions of players. The distributed online platform provides foundation services to games including identity management, authentication, authorization, account security, subscription, billing, payment, virtual currency, provisioning, entitlement, risk and fraud at 24x7 with 99.99% reliability. Open-source technologies are widely used such as docker, MySQL, MemCached, Redis, Kafka, ActiveMQ, and Spark.This is a unique opportunity to work on online space for a great game company. Looking forward to joining us to be a full-stack engineer.
What a DBA does at EA C&I team
You will be a Database Administrator and Storage Architect in the Commerce and Identity team. You will manage and design high performing, highly scalable, highly available and security data storage for identity and commerce services, including MySQL/Cassandra/Redis/Hive/HDFS. Also, you will be involved in the whole life cycle of these technologies including planning and troubleshooting of live-site issues.
- Architect DB storage to be scalable and available
- Work with engineering leaders to set up process to safeguard integrity, performance and availability of the storage service
- Design DB level solutions based on the requirements from feature teams
- Setup/Maintain the 24*7 running of all DB instances.
- Seamless patching and version upgrade of all DB instances.
- Capacity planning for game launch seasons and big title launches.
- tune parameters for all supporting DB instances to ensure max performance achieved
- Write technical documents to ensure knowledge is well preserved
- Control access permissions and privilege. Ensure all accesses are permitted and well logged for auditing purposes
- Support team members to implement ad hoc DB queries for analysis purposes
- Review DB schema changes from team members and provide professional feedback
- Proactively analysis and troubleshoot any DB related live-site issues
- 24*7 on call
- BS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with MySQL and related techniques.
- Understanding of other storage layer techniques like Oracle/Cassandra/Redis would be great
- Familiar with one of the script languages like bash/python/perl
- Familiar with C/C++/Java (desired)
- Familiar with Linux
- Passionate about all things Database Administration
- Solid computer science background including Algorithm, Data Structure, Operation System.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make excellent games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that is powered by creativity and individuality.
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!