Sr Mobile Game Software Engineer
Richardson Texas United States
11 days ago
PeopleFun is a rapidly growing studio where development teams thrive on collaboration, creativity, teamwork and fun. Our mission is to create the best family-friendly casual games in mobile and have a great time doing it! Our current games are played by over 25 million players each month and include Wordscapes, the #1 word game.
PeopleFun is seeking developers with experience building games, a deep competency in writing solid code; and who know games and want to express themselves through the games the create. Candidates will work in small teams alongside industry veterans to develop the next leading games in the casual space.
Important: To be considered, please provide a cover letter to explain, in your own words, your interest in this game developer position and why you feel you'd be a great fit.
- Design and implement core features and systems.
- Collaborate with team members to efficiently build sustainable, performant, and maintainable code.
- Contribute across disciplines to shepherd features from initial design to completion.
- Work with engineers and team leadership to manage tasks and schedules.
- Utilize a variety of platforms, frameworks, SDKs and APIs.
- Support products post-launch.
- Must have 7 years of experience or more.
- Computer science-related degree or professional experience in delivering production-level code in a professional environment.
- Demonstrable passion for building games.
- Possess that "sixth sense" for writing safe, performant code.
- Ability to quickly master selected tools and development processes.
- Performance-driven self-starter with "owner" mentality.
- Positive attitude contributing to an inclusive culture.
- Ability to communicate proactively with artists, designers, and other engineers.
- Experience supporting a live product.
- YOU MUST LOVE PLAYING GAMES!!!!
- Native mobile development in Objective-C and Java is a plus.
- Server-side game development experience is a plus.
- Competitive compensation package
- 401K with employer matching
- Flex PTO policy
- Paid Health insurance
- On-site Yoga classes and gym
- Annual mobile device budget
- Catered lunch on Fridays
- Exciting Company Trips!
- Super fun working environment
PeopleFun is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.