Sr. Manager, Strategic Finance
11 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Job Title: Sr. Manager,Strategic Finance
Location: Virtual, preference for US or Canada
We are looking to hire a Sr. Manager, Strategic Finance to join Strategic Finance team for PlayStation Studios. This will be a key role within Strategic Finance team that will drive delivery of many strategic initiatives and projects within PlayStation Studios Strategic Finance team collaborating within PlayStation Studios Finance team across regions, PlayStation Studios (PSS) leadership, PlayStation Studios teams and wider Sony Interactive Entertainment. The role will bring strategic and value lens to all projects and leadership in driving their delivery. There will be a variety of initiatives from merger and acquisitions, integration projects, strategic portfolio analysis, business development opportunities and new opportunities. The role will also identify and drive structural improvements of processes within the strategic finance team. The knowledge and experience in gaming industry into the role gained either in other gaming companies or consulting roles will be welcomed however strategic thinking, commercial acumen, drive and initiative will be weighted above the gaming experience. The role will report to Director, Strategic Finance based out of Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Due to the proximity of the stakeholders the role is preferred to be based out of the US or Canada however will require regular collaboration with Europe based stakeholders. The candidate with the gaming or consulting experience is preferred.
- Key role in Strategic Finance leading, co-leading, driving and enabling delivery of strategic finance projects and initiatives within PlayStation Studios
- Collaborate across teams in performing strategic finance analysis of the business (or its subsets) for the purpose of long term, mid-term or short-term planning
- Create and own complex financial models to support key strategic initiatives and decisions
- Performing complex data analysis and translating them into insights as well as storytelling-style presentations for internal and external stakeholders
- Support PlayStation Studios in defining business models for the key strategic initiatives such as live services, platform expansions, intellectual property (IP) licensing and many more
- Co-lead and own strategic finance deliverables in merger and acquisition executed within PlayStation Studios collaborating closely with multiple internal and external stakeholders in its execution
- Set policies and standards within strategic Finance team on valuation, financial modelling and forecasting or various opportunities ensuring Strategic Finance team is a center of excellence in these areas
- Support to business developments activities and commercial negotiations ensuring value lens thinking and its translation into the contracts
- Provide ad-hoc analysis for leadership team
Qualifications & Skills:
- BA/BS in business, strategy, finance, economics or related field; MBA and/or CFA designation preferred
- 8+ years of strategy, finance (valuations, modelling, market analysis, contracting) and/or business development experience
- Value and strategic thinking, commercial acumen and problem solving skills
- Ability to translate complex analysis into simple storytelling presentations
- Ability and willingness to do detailed work and complex financial analysis
- Self-starter, showing initiative and ability to work independently
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong work ethic and confidentiality a must
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, working through uncertainty under various time constraints
- Passion and energy for working in gaming industry; experience in gaming industry and/or in consulting is preferred
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.