Sr. Manager, Site Reliability Engineering
10 days ago
The Production Infrastructure & Engineering team is looking for Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) leader to join our globally distributed team. You will have experience managing operations and development teams, leading large-scale projects, with high energy , dedication , and passion for technology. Reporting to the Senior Manager, DevOps you will be directly responsible for the work, output, and growth of this organization which operates 24/7 with teams in Vancouver, Romania, Argentina, and Colombia
Who We Are
We are a multi-discipline team of engineers supporting our live services and the developers who create them. Our role covers the entire life-cycle of a product, from helping the developers with architecture and delivery to on-call incident response and triage . We focus heavily on automation and continuous integration/delivery, ensuring that everything we deliver is robust , efficient, and supportable. Our responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Be the escalation path for on-call incident response and triage
- Perform root cause analysis and post-mortems with an eye towards future prevention
- Create configuration management and infrastructure automation
- Design and implement CI/CD pipelines for all that we build
- Design and deliver core infrastructure services
- Preemptively create stability, security, and performance improvements via metric/monitoring analysis
- Making sure every service has a complete high-availability and disaster recovery story
- Maintain security standards across everything we support.
- Produce documentation, runbooks, and support tooling for online support teams
- You will manage and coach direct-reporting development managers, while creating relationships with the entire team
- Partner with external shared service teams to accomplish franchise requirements.
- Build and evolve effective team; identify resourcing needs, provide challenges and developmental opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential.
- Develop effective working relationships with immediate team and those outside of the immediate team that have an effect on the completion of the project
- Provide line management to employees with diverse teams.
- Build and run production and internal business services.
- Maintain an efficient deployment pipeline through the use of configuration management.
- Drive best practices in Change Management to ensure Uptime Service level agreements are met.
- Manage important live issues and drive resolution and root cause analysis.
- Establish and assign franchise level goals from defined from organizational goals; achieve project deliverables through managing team at a franchise level.
- Assess and mitigate risk across the group.
- Partner with team members to manage scope and quality.
- Make decisions around the balance between quality/time/cost, and directing the team accordingly;
- Partner with all internal departments such as Finance, HR, and Talent Acquisition.
- 8+ years project management or team leadership experience;
- 3+ years of experience managing and developing talent
- Education requirement University degree Bachelors or equivalent professional experience ;
- Experience in various project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
- Experience managing team budget and budget planning process