Sr. Manager, QA - Unpublished R&D Product
14 days ago
As a Sr. Manager of QA on this R&D team, you will own the QA process for a large team, including people, process, and support for ongoing game development. You will work with scrum masters, producers, and other leaders from teams across Riot to craft and execute the Test Strategy that will help reach high-quality results. You will be guided by Riot's Test Policy to develop quality activities for every stage of the software development life cycle. You will partner with teams to arrive at better, more-efficient solutions to everyday problems and streamline delivery, supporting the QA Discipline leadership and helping to inform the long term vision of Riot Games Quality Assurance. You will lead vendors in performing black box testing on features that need additional support. You will also direct and task other QA professionals, often remotely to get your work completed. You will manage Quality Assurance professionals, mentoring and growing the QA Leads and Specialists in charge of individual aspects of a Product, guiding them to produce new leaders in turn.
- Create a quality strategy that impacts development and product strategy within the team
- Lead the quality assurance efforts across multiple initiatives and teams
- Manage the QA professionals on the project including managers and individual contributors, and guide their day-to-day work
- Identify, recruit, interview, and hire QA professionals to help teams scale effectively
- Hold teams accountable for upholding quality and player impact as an essential factor in decision-making
- Mentor QA professionals
- Establish partnerships with engineering, design and art teams across the project
- 8+ years Quality Assurance Experience, with at least 2 years in a leadership role.
- 2+ years managing QA professionals
- Experience leading teams within game development
- Experience with product development pipelines and workflows
- Experience with strategic goal setting, tactical execution
- Experience working with remote testing teams
- Experience shipping games on multiple platforms
- Development experience across several platforms; mobile, console, and PC.
- Preferred Licenses/certifications:
- ISTQB Foundation Level
- ISTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST)
- ISTQB Advanced Test Manager
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.