Sr. Manager, Public Relations
3 months ago
“Dreams, fun, and inspiration” are Bandai Namco Entertainment’s mission, as publisher and developer of some of the world’s most recognized video game brands including PAC-MAN®, GALAGA®, TEKKEN®, SOULCALIBUR®, and ACE COMBAT®, and the premier publisher in the Western hemisphere for anime-based games such as NARUTO SHIPPUDEN™, DRAGON BALL Z®, and ONE PIECE®.
Bandai Namco Entertainment America seeks an experienced Sr. Manager, Public Relations to join our team and drive PR initiatives and media relations strategy for the company’s robust portfolio of products. The Sr. Manager, Public Relations will develop and oversee the execution of actionable PR plans that maximize brand awareness and drive purchase interest in our games, working closely with cross-discipline marketing teams, global PR teams, and outside partners and agencies.
The ideal candidate will have a solid track record of creating and implementing comprehensive PR plans, managing multiple products at different phases in their PR lifecycle, and working directly with press across endemic and mainstream media.
Join us at our new campus in Irvine, California where a hybrid work schedule will be observed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop creative and comprehensive PR plans that support the lifecycle of a product and/or franchise (ideally with video game industry)
- Write and edit press materials including product messaging, press releases, media alerts, and pitches
- Plan and coordinate PR tours, press events, and PR presence at major trade show; interact and maintain relationships with press to foster positive engagement with our products
- Collaborate with internal marketing and product teams as well as external developers and PR teams to coordinate interviews, procure assets and approvals, and ensure strategies/messaging are aligned
- Manage product PR initiatives with partner agencies/vendors
- Monitor, measure, and report on PR campaign KPIs
- Be an effective ambassador for Bandai Namco Entertainment America in and outside of the company.
- 6-7 + years relevant PR experience in the video game industry
- Relationships with key media and familiarity with game, tech, and entertainment press
- Work ethic that is detail-oriented, highly proactive, and with excellent follow-through
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Solid spokesperson and presentation skills
- Knowledge of the video game market and a firm grasp on the global culture thriving around games
- Experience working with a global, and preferably Japanese, video game publisher
- A passion for video games
- PR agency experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Communications or related field
$112,780.07 - $200, 182.47
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. is providing the following notice regarding the Personal Information we collect and use in the context of this job application: https://www.bandainamcoent.com/legal/bnea-privacy-ccpanotice
About Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc.
Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc., part of BANDAI NAMCO Holdings Inc., is a leading global publisher and developer of interactive content — including all major video game consoles, iOS, mobile and online. The company is known for creating and publishing many of the industry’s top video game franchises, including PAC-MAN®, TEKKEN®, SOULCALIBUR®, NARUTO™, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN™, Dragon Ball®, GALAGA®, RIDGE RACER® and ACE COMBAT®. More information about the company and its products can be found at www.bandainamcoent.com or www.facebook.com/BandaiNamcoUS.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.