Sr. Manager, Production
6 days ago
NCSOFT is a premiere digital entertainment company and global publisher with worldwide locations and more than 4,000 employees focused on bringing extraordinary games to life for millions of fans around the world. Established in 1997 and headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, we quickly became a key leader in online games. Best known for critically acclaimed franchises including Lineage, Aion, Guild Wars, and Blade & Soul, NCSOFT is also one of the world’s top mobile developers with Lineage 2M occupying the #1 grossing revenue slot on Google Play. Our core goal is making people in this world happier by delivering games that entertain a globally connected audience has remained the same. Our culture is innovative, creative, collaborative and impactful, and we are passionate about creating the best gaming experiences for our players.
WHY JOIN THE PRODUCTION TEAM?
- You enjoy solving challenging problems. Ambiguous problems are our friends. You clarify problems into solvable pieces, identify solutions and communicate clearly with teams and stakeholders.
- You lead without authorities. We are comfortable leading cross-functional teams without authority, communicating with various stakeholders and resolve conflicts. We practice empathy for everyone not only for customers.
- You love data-driven discussion. We love getting out hands dirty with data to understand every aspect of user behavior, identify pain points and provide engaging experiences
- You are excellent at presenting your ideas. We love people who are not only transparent, but also good story tellers. Your ideas should not stay in your mind, they must come out so that, they can move other people’s minds. An excellent presentation skill is of course a must.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead and mentor teams of producers and product managers to manage revenue streams and live operations for NCSOFT West’s video games including user engagement, MTX, partners, game updates, events, etc.
- Collaborate with individuals and teams across all disciplines to create long term, large scale project schedules, budget resources, drive milestones, and scope the project
- This includes, but not limited to defining scopes of launching specs, live updates, and other deployments
- Lead various teams such as QA, DevOps, Localization, and so on to align and achieve the same goals
- Identify and mitigate risks throughout the product lifecycles
- Identify risks in advance to minimize impacts on the product lifecycles
- Lead related stakeholders to develop policies and work processes to address specific risks and perform after-incident recoveries
- Report to the exec team on the status of your projects and products on a regular basis
- Clear communication with the exec team is a key to help make right business decisions
- Share your insights with execs on a regular basis
- Develop effective reporting formats and structures to improve the communication with execs
- Develop strategies for the product, new features, and new user acquisition
- Build models and forecasts to prioritize and predict the impact of new features for new and live games that you are assigned to
- Leverage user research, market research, and analytics data to build a deep understanding for the game and the players, identifying ways to further grow strengths and bolster against weakness
- Present your strategies to stakeholders to align and drive them for the same goals
- Roll up your sleeves to execute the plans that you put together
- Operate and lead live service of assigned products
- Effectively manage day-to-day live business issues
- Monitor and review live service status and take appropriate actions to improve the service quality
- Ensure your products deliver expected business performance
- Work with your team and other stakeholders to plan and execute live operation activities successfully
- Lead a new project effort to build stronger product pipelines for NCSOFT West
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- BA/BS degree required (MBA preferred) in statistics, business, computer science, psychology, or economics
- 7+ years’ game industry experience
- 5+ years’ video game publishing experience managing product related teams
- 7+ years’ experience in publishing, and live operation for free-to-play online games
- Have an experience of launching at least 1 new Triple-A title and live operations
- Have an extensive knowledge in MMORPG genre
- Ability to create project schedules and milestones and monitor the progress of department milestones and individual tasks against those schedules
- Passion for games and desire to create fun and engaging online experiences.
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of game design fundamentals with the ability to prioritize feature and content improvements, earn influence across teams and regions, and deliver measurable product improvements to a live product
- Strong communication, collaboration, and leadership skills with a proven track record of working in successful teams
- Analytical skills – comfortable with a wide range of industry standard analysis, e.g. multivariate testing, linear regressions, time series forecasting, ANOVA. etc.
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent execution skills that will realize strategies and tactics
- Deep knowledge of the online free-to-play games from user data analysis to monetization planning
- Experience or knowledge of gaming industry and/or online entertainment companies
- Comfortable presenting complex findings to varied groups in a concise, digestible way
- Experiences leading multi-functional teams
- Ability to foster open communication, influence others, and write and speak with impact