This job might no longer be available.
Sr. Manager, Product Design (PS Core)
San Francisco, CA, United States
7 months ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Manager, Product Design
San Francisco, CA
Define the future of gaming & digital content distribution on the PlayStation platform.
Are you ready to do the best work of your life? Is every project an opportunity for you to gain a deeper understanding of users and improve your abilities? Do you want to be responsible for the experience form concept through implementation? Than join us as we redefine what it means to experience content on the PlayStation® platform.
As Sr. Manager, Product Design for PlayStation, you will play a key role in shaping the future of the world’s largest game and content distribution platform. Located in the heart of San Francisco’s SOMA district you will collaborate directly with a hardworking cross-functional team of Art Directors, designers, engineers, and business partners to ideate, communicate and define experiences that both delight users and generate tens of millions of dollars.
As part of the larger SONY design community, you will be part of a global design group that respects and celebrates the value of design, design thinking and design process. Collaborate with designers both locally and globally to elevate the standard of design across the organization while being exposed to bleeding-edge concepts and technology.
We aren’t looking for just anyone; we require a candidate with the passion, dedication and skills necessary to deliver elite products and experiences.
If this sounds like you than we would love to hear from you.
- Driven, efficient, collaborative product mindset.
- A leader who can oversee & lead multiple projects simultaneously.
- Outstanding portfolio that demonstrates a grasp of visual design principles, pattern libraries, and vibrant creativity.
- Deep understanding of the latest design trends, processes and practices.
- Effectively communicate design thinking and output.
- 7-10 years of experience as a UX Designer in the digital design field, such as web, mobile, and product platform UI.
- Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Design portfolio revealing thought process and an ability to rapidly generate quality and creative ideas.
- In-depth understanding and sophisticated skills of visual design graphic design, interaction design, motion design and brand identity.
- In-depth understanding of user-centered design principles and methodologies.
- In-depth understanding of pattern planning, design governance and user interface guidelinesplausta development.
- Ability to understand the existing style guide and brand guidelines and apply or modify accurately as needed.
- Ability to work with product and business partners to quickly ideate and communicate concepts.
- Ability to lead design project from UX concept to implementation.
- Ability to distill complex needs and constraints then quickly turn around design ideas reflecting a range of engaging, elegant, easy-to-use and technically-feasible solutions.
- Strong capability to communicate the thinking and meaning of design solutions verbally and nonverbally.
- Ability to lead ambiguity, work autonomously and multi-task in an agile environment.
- Ability to produce detailed spec and graphic assets for implementation.
- Work closely with Engineering to collect and resolve bugs, including resolution of UX Design inconsistencies, incorrect or missing graphic resources, etc.
- A demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and working knowledge of emerging software.
- Must be able to work at our San Francisco office.
- Prior experience designing for a 10-foot environment.
- Knowledge of HTML5 / CSS.
- Knowledge of tools for 3D, motion and prototyping.
- Prior experience working within a technical environment.
- Interest in emerging technologies in web, mobile, and other devices.
- Experience designing for a global audience in multiple languages.
- Familiarity with the agile software development process.
- Knowledge of movie, music, and video game service and software industries.
- Passion for movie, music, and video game services
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.