Sr. Manager, Partner Strategy
San Mateo, CA, United States
14 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Manager, Partner Strategy
San Mateo, CA
The Global Business Operations, Planning, & Strategy team is a valuable business partner to the broader Global Publisher & Developer Relations department, which serves our publisher and developer partners that make games for the PlayStation platform. We most directly impact the company by providing critical insight and analysis that optimizes decision-making across the business. As Sr. Manager, Partner Strategy, you will help set the long-term strategy for PlayStation’s partner relationships and maximize PlayStation’s long term value as a platform in a rapidly evolving industry.
- Track and report on long-term industry trends and drivers to provide insights to our teams
- Benchmark the level of service that PlayStation provides to its publisher and developer partners against competitors and other platform businesses
- Set KPIs and measure progress against benchmarks
- Determine the value of PlayStation’s platform KPIs based on public market and other comparables, and use this intelligence to inform strategic decisions
- Measure and report PlayStation’s importance to our top partners’ business and track their strategic priorities and the implications to PlayStation’s business
- Support strategic internal initiatives related to the service offering provided by PlayStation to its publisher and developer partners across a wide range of activities
- Offer actionable consultation to internal teams that interact with PlayStation’s publisher and developer partners
- Serve as liaison to other internal teams developing PlayStation’s overall business strategy
- 6+ years overall experience
- Business strategy or business intelligence expertise
- Proven ability to make a data-driven business case
- Ability to think creatively to apply learnings from other industries
- Familiarity with business modeling
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Comfort with working under tight deadlines and in a team environment
- Strong work ethic with low ego
- PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Direct experience in B2B services, the platform business model, and/or interactive entertainment
- Experience at a top tier consulting firm
- MBA or equivalent knowledge of business strategy
- A passion for video games
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.