Job Title: Sr. Manager, Marketing Analytics
Reporting To: Director, Marketing Analytics
Department: Marketing Analytics
Location: Santa Monica, California
The Sr. Manager, Marketing Analytics will work closely with a number of stakeholders within the paid media, owned media, earned media, strategy and consumer marketing organizations to deliver world-class advanced analytics analyses of marketing activities and estimate their impact on sales. This person will show thought leadership that contributes to channel optimization, effectual creative testing, increased audience reach, insightful analysis and cogent attribution modeling. This person will oversee the creation and maintenance of performance-based dashboards and help to provide actionable insights.
This role will contribute to the development of Marketing Analytics and mature new applications for measurement, optimization, personalization and user acquisition across marketing. The ideal candidate contributes to all aspects of the business including strategy, vision, execution and management of marketing technology and data.
The Sr. Manager, Marketing Analytics will oversee a small agile team that will help continue to build the vision for marketing measurement through 2021 and beyond.
This role includes but is not limited to the following tasks/duties:
- Play a significant role in requirements gathering, working with marketing and data science/analyst team to provide suggestions and aiding in the creation of functional specification that meet the needs of the business and brand teams
- Managing and building an analytics team from the ground up
- Work cross-functionally to align teams across both Activision & Blizzard on testing methodologies, measurement, creative strategy, and legal guidelines
- Develop and present detailed reports that summarize marketing campaign performance with actionable insights and recommendations for obtaining quality subscribers through effective channels
- Translate data into action points that drive campaign optimizations
- Work in partnership with teams developing marketing & media mix models and multi-touch attribution solutions to inform marketing spend allocations and partners for future campaigns
We are looking for a leader with expert audience knowledge who is open to developing new processes to propel the business forward from an efficiency and quality standpoint.
Here are some tips:
- Must be able to build relationships and partner with channel managers, activation teams, agencies and media buyers to drive execution of user acquisition programs for premium
- Must have experience managing a team, including experience building a team from the ground up
- We are looking for an individual who is able to grow and empower the team to grow
- Must have market testing, A/B testing, and/or experimental design experience
- Be willing to integrate data-driven insights into growth marketing strategies across creative, audience and media aimed at cultivating a quality player base
- Experience doing analysis in platforms like, but not limited to Facebook, Google, Twitter, Snapchat and programmatic demand side platforms is required
- The ability to drive positive change in process in the name of efficiency is critical
- A firm understanding of ad serving technology like Google Campaign Manager (Campaign Manager/ DoubleClick for Advertisers) or similar ad servers
- Beginner to Intermediate SQL skills is a must for this role
- Experience working in Ads Data Hub is a plus
- Experience with Data Bricks is nice to have
We’re headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Ask anyone who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favorite thing about it, and they’ll tell you, it’s the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure and resources, but our success doesn’t come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee’s brilliance. So if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s the people.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world’s biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty® and Crash Bandicoot™.
Activision is a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe. Activision Blizzard is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment. A member of the S&P 500 and recognized on the 2018 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list, Activision Blizzard has operations throughout the world with approximately 10,000 employees and players in 196 countries.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.