Sr. Manager, International Tax
18 days ago
Job Title:Sr. Manager, International Tax
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
The Senior Manager, International Tax will join a strong international tax group that is an integral part of the tax team at Activision Blizzard. The Senior Manager will play a key role in international tax functions such as managing the U.S. international income tax compliance process, oversight of select global tax compliance, DAC 6 and mandatory disclosure regime compliance, tax controversy, employee mobility, and other projects, as required, to support business partners and department needs. This position will also interact with key finance, accounting, and other business partners across Activision Blizzard. We are seeking a self-motivated quick learner and results-oriented team player with strong organization and project management skills. This person will report to the Director, International Tax (located in Santa Monica, CA).
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of the U.S. international tax compliance including planning, coordinating, and reviewing the U.S. international tax forms and calculations, most significantly earnings and profits, subpart F, GILTI, FDII, BEAT, and foreign tax credit calculations.
- Assist with the oversight, review, and timely filing of select global corporate income tax compliance, including liaising with external advisors.
- Support with relevant international direct tax audits and enquiries, e.g., tracking and responding to information requests.
- Support HR on international tax questions related to employee mobility.
- Monitor and keep abreast on changes in tax laws, rules and/or regulations and assist with determining tax impact based on Company profile. Conduct tax research and document tax matters, as requested.
- Work on special projects and tax initiatives.
- Coordinate tax matters with external advisors.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major or emphasis in Accounting. Master’s degree in Tax or Accounting and/or CPA or JD preferred.
- 7+ years of International Income Tax Experience in Public Accounting and/or Private Industry with a proven track record in business tax compliance.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and accelerated deadlines in a fast-paced, informal work environment.
- Strong organization and execution skills with attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft business suite, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- One Source and Alteryx products experience is a plus.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.