Sr. Manager, HR Business Partner
San Mateo, CA, United States
4 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Manager, Human Resources Business Partner
San Mateo, CA
We are looking for a hardworking Senior Manager, HR Business Partner that naturally translates strategic objectives into organizational and talent strategies. Working with Senior Executives, managers and employees in the Sales and Legal Departments – this role will focus on complex organizational development opportunities and building leadership capability at all levels.
Are you solution oriented, consultative and business savvy? Someone who enjoys rolling up their sleeves to ensure creative ideas come to fruition?
This role will be based in San Mateo and work alongside our COE partners in Talent Management, L&D, Compensation, Talent Acquisitions, etc. Join this highly reciprocal HR team whose mission is to create a highly engaged work culture.
- Partners and provides expert coaching and guiding advice to executive leaders to drive a high performing culture
- Designs and applies change management and Organizational Development strategies that influences organizational change in support of business strategies
- Facilitate leadership sessions/workshops with the business units intending to tackle for potential challenges or bring awareness to opportunities.
- Provides guidance and input on workforce planning, organizational planning, and other talent development and retention activities
- Driving rollout plans with client groups for corporate-wide HR initiatives.
- Partners with HR Centers of Excellence to support business needs through; learning and development, compensation and employee engagement
- Improve manager capability through coaching and implementation of management development programs and opportunities
- Resolving complex employee relations issues through coaching employees and managers, partnering with ER and legal.
- Assist in driving analytics, project planning and organization in the following areas: interpersonal change management, workforce planning, organizational planning and talent planning.
- Analyzes trends and metrics, and collaborates with HR functional experts to develop solutions, make recommendations, and develop programs.
Required Knowledge / Skills:
- 12+ years previous experience and proven results within HR in a dynamic, high tech, entertainment or creative environment
- Proven business insight and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with leaders at all levels of the organization
- Coaching and ability to influence leaders
- Innovative and creative approach to problem solving
- Strong Project Management skills
- Ability to create and foster business relationships with leaders and employees
- High level of initiative and quickly resolve problems
- Proven interpersonal skills, including the ability to accomplish demanding timeline objectives, multi-task on assignments
- The ideal candidate will be able to work at levels- strategic, operational, and tactical
- Passionate and sense of urgency for execution; natural curiosity and willingness to take risks; ability to use creativity to problem tackle; ability to look at human resources in new and different ways; desire to make a difference.
- Strong facilitation/presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience
- Entertainment Industry experience
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.