Sr. Manager - GSSCM
9 days ago
Job Posting TitleSr. Manager - GSSCM
SummaryThis position will be responsible for Global based efforts to drive strategic sourcing initiatives globally, including driving down cost. Specific cost programs will be determined by the VP of Global Strategic Sourcing and will include driving, coordinating annual standard cost roll, value engineering proposals, review and maintaining data tracking of supplier overhead and costs, efficiency gains, feature reviews, trade-off analysis, support coordination and review of new product Introduction, review of current partners, and recommendations of future supplier partners. Responsible to support the total level four CM (Contract Manufacturing) supply chain for Electronic Gaming Machines (EGMs) as directed by sourcing director.
Core focus includes gathering and managing accurate data for strategic initiatives that drive down cost, lead-time, and risk across the product portfolio. Strategic sourcing and procurement is highly focused on world class cost management. Responsible for driving down cost through "could be" and "should be" cost structures, benchmarks, and supply chain/commodity analysis.
The position will interact frequently with Senior Director – Global Strategic Sourcing (GSS) , Director Global Strategic Sourcing (GSS-CM), VP of Global Strategic Sourcing (GSS), Engineering, Product Marketing, Strategic Procurement Managers, Strategy teams, and cost analysts in various worldwide locations. Further engaging engineering resources, various suppliers, their sales, and leadership teams,
This role will utilize high levels of critical thinking skills. The successful candidate will support a moderate to large team to procure mechanical and or electrical commodities and select and assist in developing the supply base with technologies and mechanical processes. They will help develop, implement, and manage the procurement strategies, process and tools, and system requirements to improve cost, quality and productivity. Additionally, support the sourcing director in managing suppliers by setting, measuring, and driving performance expectations while working with cross-functional teams (internal and external) to drive program deliverables.
• Support the mechanical and electrical commodity program road map. Support the development of a Gaming Ops and Gaming Sales EGMs.
• Work with Engineering leadership to influence technologies and suppliers required for specific programs.
• Assist in driving supplier selection by working with engineering teams on New Product Introduction (NPI) programs. Further, create a team leader for NPI related activities and processes.
• Supports readiness reviews for all New Product Introductions and mass production builds for sourcing programs.
• Help Drive value engineering cost reductions and lead-time reductions with influence over Global engineering teams and the suppliers. Ensure a competitive sourcing environment leading to continuous improvement in quality, cost, service and technology.
• Generates and maintains data needed for quarterly executive supplier review program of strategic sourcing plan that defines, among other things, market and business analysis, product roadmaps, supplier capabilities and annual / quarterly strategic business objectives.
What you'll do
Global team leader for the Level four sourcing team including commercial contracts. Lead GSS analytics process that encompasses accurate and detailed global reporting for Supplier purchase price variance (PPV), standard cost role, structured supplier cost reductions and BOM cost accuracy. Risk mitigation globally in supply base and oversight of approximately $250M USD in annual spend. Provides category and process expertise to create and execute sourcing strategies and lead supplier management for defined categories. Manages key sourcing process steps including opportunity assessment, strategy development, data analysis, supplier negotiation, award recommendations, and supplier contract execution. Handles full scope of category responsibilities.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience managing cross-functional projects and programs with tight deadlines
- 5+ years of experience in product or process definition, having taken a product or process from concept to execution.
- 5+ years of experience in sourcing, commodity management, supply chain, logistics or manufacturing for a hardware company.
- Experience in engineering, manufacturing operations or sourcing environment.
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.