Sr. Manager, Economy and BA
7 days ago
Job Posting TitleSr. Manager, Economy and BA
SummaryAre you interested in how real world economic theory can be applied in the world of gaming? This is an opportunity for you to design, analyze and manage the economy for top grossing apps and to be a key player in establishing a game economy department within Product Madness. As a Games Economy Manager you will be essential to the success of our games. You will work closely with our product teams to design and balance the economy of our games and to provide the product team with actionable insights. In parallel to this you will also be working in the Game Economy team, helping to build the craft of game economy in the company; supporting long term strategy, help build and evaluate top class tooling to continuously improve our ways of working and ensure we support new games currently in production.
What You'll Do
This role is intended to strengthen the craft of game economy in Product Madness and to ensure that economy design is included in the way we make and operate our games. Your key responsibilities will be:
- To support the product team with a holistic understanding of the game economy to generate growth and a positive player experience. This will include defining the pricing of all purchasable items and collectibles.
- To build and run simulations and predictive models to forecast the results of changes and balancing of content, for optimal player experience.
- To explore micro segmentation of the players based on behavior and motivation theory and to recommend new and useful segments to use for our game operations and feature design.
- To increase the level of insights in game economy within the product team. This by building dashboards, having presentations and workshops as well as supporting the product managers and head of games with process optimization.
- To drive game economy best practices and knowledge sharing throughout the company, working with other Game Economy Managers to build this knowledge capital.
To do this successfully we believe you are:
- Passionate about quantitative analysis and will have the ability to generate actionable business insights for the product teams and Product Madness as a whole.
- Able to deconstruct other game economies and reason around what’s good or bad.
- Able to understand the elasticities of demand. Creating a balanced economy that satisfies players and drives growth.
- Used to be working collaboratively with Product and Data Science teams, connecting product and research.
- Interested in understanding the micro and macro economic aspects of games and more specifically free-to-play games.
What We're Looking For
Good understanding of behavioral economics and motivational theories
- Strong understanding of Numerical Simulation methods and their applications (Monte Carlo, Metropolis-Hastings and so on).
- Good understanding of more advanced statistical techniques suitable for analysis of highly skewed populations.
- Experience in predictive analytics, segmentation, and related areas; experience in experimental design.
- Experience with analytical coding: Using tools such as Python, R, Matlab (and sometimes Excel) for analytical purposes.
- A good working knowledge of SQL.
- Bachelor Degree in a quantitative field
- Experience in working in the field of economics (outside gaming)
- Experience from managing games economy on top grossing F2P or social casino titles
- Managed teams of analysts.
- Knowledge about the mobile games industry or similarly sophisticated customer-facing digital businesses.
- Skills with standard reporting tools such as Looker/QlikView/Tableau/etc.
Aristocrat is a world leader in gaming content and technology, and a top-tier publisher of free-to-play mobile games. We deliver great performance for our B2B customers and bring joy to the lives of the millions of people who love to play our casino and mobile games. And while we focus on fun, we never forget our responsibilities. We strive to lead the way in responsible gameplay, and to lift the bar in company governance, employee wellbeing and sustainability. We’re a diverse business united by shared values and an inspiring mission to bring joy to life through the power of play.
We aim to create an environment where individual differences are valued, and all employees have the opportunity to realize their potential. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, cultural background, disability status or LGBTQ+ identity. We offer a range of flexible working options through all.flex, our flexible hybrid work model and invite you to have a conversation with us about flexible working. EEO M/F/D/V
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.