This job might no longer be available.
Sr. Manager, Content Planning - PlayStation Services
15 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Manager, Content Planning - PlayStation Services (PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now)
Location: San Mateo, CA or Remote
The Global Sales and Business Operations (GSBO) team brings together staff from around the world, with a passion for engaging gamers with PlayStation’s extraordinary products and services. GSBO teams are located in countries across the globe, balancing local relevance with a global perspective. Across our Direct to Consumer, channel partners, and services business, our teams work cross-functionally to bring the best of the PlayStation experience to markets and channels around the world.
We’re looking for a hardworking and experienced Senior Manager to join the global PlayStation services team that runs PlayStation Plus – the world’s largest game subscription service with over 47M subscribers – and the rapidly growing PlayStation Now service.
What you'll be doing:
- The successful candidate will work in a global team, using data to identify the games that power PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now to drive player engagement and maintain subscriber momentum
- Close collaboration with internal teams – including third party relations, PlayStation Studios, analytics, marketing, content ops – and external publishing partners is key to delivering the best outcomes for players, partners and our business
- Responsible for finding the best games to engage our customers
- Working with teams to find games that engage players and deliver outstanding results
- Thinking about using data, understanding customers and publishers
- Delivering 12-18 months content plans to engage all customer cohorts
- Understanding the PlayStation business (Services, Store, Retail, Console) and key senior partners to build long term business plans
- Working closely with the Services commercial, customer and content planning deals to understand the right target titles
- Understand the what the acquisition teams need to consider to negotiate deals to secure games for our services
- Responsible for planning a $multi-million content budget within agreed parameters as well as improving the value of each individual deal
- Understand the player and publisher needs to strike the right deals for SIE
- Crafting processes and business policies to ensure efficient and effective deal structures
- Collaborating with key partners and building feedback into plans and the right time to program certain games
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree
- A candidate who can demonstrate having already driven successful businesses to the next level of performance, showing rapid and sustainable results
- Experience leading content teams and driving high value deals
- A great teammate who can identify and nurture key relationships both internally and externally
- Excellent communication skills are crucial for influencing cross-functional partners up to Exec level
- Ability to lead individuals in crafting and executing the best solutions for players, partners and the business
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically, with a persistent attention to detail
- Ability to adapt quickly and balance multiple projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and experience of digital gaming landscape, key players, and competitive offerings
- Advanced degree
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.