This job might no longer be available.
Sr. Manager, Commercial Intelligence, EA SPORTS
3 months ago
SENIOR MANAGER, EA SPORTS COMMERCIAL INTELLIGENCE
GLOBAL COMMERCIAL ORGANIZATION
As the Global Commercial Organization, we are responsible for driving the global commercial success of EA around the world by focusing on:
- Commercial Partnerships: We are the global commercial organization that manages all of our commercial partnerships, including physical, digital, platform and brand.
- Commercial focus on our markets: We’re accountable for ensuring we deeply understand our markets. This includes all aspects from the front lines of the local player experience, to the activities of our competition and business models. Through a commercial lens, it is our responsibility to find the right opportunities for EA in-market globally and then lead the execution.
- Planning: We develop plans that are commercially responsible for bringing together all lines of revenue across the business and ensure they’re sufficiently agile to adapt to market changes.
- Commercial operators: We’re commercially and operationally responsible for delivering our games and millions of assets to a wide range of partners throughout the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Commercial Intelligence function partners with teams responsible for bringing our games to players around the world, Brand, Marketing and Studio departments rely on Commercial Intelligence to deliver the right information in the right format to help answer key, game-specific questions.
As a Senior Manager on the team, this role will build and maintain relationships with partners across the EA Sports organization, with a particular focus on North American-centric sports such as Football, Hockey and Baseball.
The ideal candidate should have a deep understanding of either Games or Sports (or both!) developed over many years of industry experience, an ability to look one layer deeper at the motivation set behind fandom in either domain, and a passion for turning data and insights into action through compelling and concise storytelling.
Day-to-day, the role will include:
- Identifying and surfacing key market, industry and competitor trends both within Gaming and Sports
- Tearing down competitor products, working out what makes them tick and how that knowledge could be leveraged by EA
- Strategizing with product teams on how best to bring a product to market, and run a Live Service
- Dealing with a broad range of questions from multiple game teams, taking those and working to answer them with data and insight that drives action
- Proactively looking into areas of interest, raising flags where needed and diving into the data to find a solution
- Presenting findings to a wide range of audiences, showing an ability to cater to varying levels of game and sports fluency
- MBA preferred but not required
- 7+ years experience in Tech, Games or Sports across any of the following verticals:
- Product Management
- Strategy / Consulting
- Experience in data manipulation and visualisation. With a particular fondness for distilling complex landscapes into simple-to-follow narratives
- Understanding of player and/or fan motivations and an ability to empathise from their perspective
- Familiarity with modern gaming business models, at least at a high level, including paid, free-to-play and subscription
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority
- Well-rounded soft skills; a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and an ability to prioritise
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.